O2 sensor in my cat.

I want to get my cat cut out but i have an O2 sensor in it. I just want 3" piping instead of the cat.
Is there anyway i can do this? I do not have the money to but a high flow cat right now because i have other plans for the car currently.
Thanks

Take the cat out, knock the crap out of it, put it back in. Easiest and cheapest way to do it. Or replace the whole thing and just weld an O2 sensor bung on.

Thanks for the info but i was kinda going for a louder exhaust by taking the cat out thats why i just wanted 3" piping in place of the cat.
Is there no way i can do this?

get an o2 sensor bung and drill a hole and weld it on where it needs to be

Ohh So i can just do that on the 3" pipe i am putting in place of the cat?
And where do i get an O2 sensor bung?

If you just knock the stuff out of the cat all your left with is a hollow pipe…pretty well the same thing as welding in a 3" pipe. Anyways…

i was under the impression the sensor in the cat on an s13 is just a temp sensor…?
or are we talking about an s14?

yeah, if you’re talking obd1 (up to 1994 and sometimes 95) then you can cut that wire and throw the sensor away, its a cat temp sensor, and will be useless if you go with a test pipe.

Oh really. So i can just cut that sensor off and weld a 3" pipe in there? And my car will not throw any engine codes right?

yup won’t throw any codes. i cut my wire off, and the cat light didn’t even come on. i don’t even think that sensor goes to the ecu at all actually.

(i’m assuming you’re talking s13? or are you talking 300zx… i’m 95% sure it would be the same deal on a 300zx but you might want to double check)

Yes it is an S13 its a Silvia. Well i guess first i will take the sensor out of my cat and just try it first and then if it doesn’t throw any codes i will cut the whole cat out and the sensor.
Thanks

are you putting in a test pipe with a bung? i just screwed in a seat belt bolt in the bung to block it off.

No i am just going to get some 3" piping and weld it in. Then i will just cut the sensor off i guess.
Thanks