O2 Sensor/Simulator help

So i tripped a check engine soon light… Diagnostic code says something like P0160 - which in the book reads as O2 sensor not responding (or somthing of that sort) (Bank2, Sensor2)… does anyone know which sensor is Bank2 Sensor2???
The car has high flow cats, and rear O2’s in the pipe behind the cats, but for some freakin reason, O2 simulators were put in… so the real O2’s wires are just zip-tied up under the car, chillin, doin nothing. I dont understand why you’d put simulators in if you have the O2’s, but i’m hoping that this Bank2Sensor2 is one of the rear ones… that way i can hook up the real O2’s or get new simulators and it be fixed…

sorry… for a 2001 Trans Am

right side(passingerside)rear o2 behind the cat!it u have no cats get o2 sims or have sam delete them

if O2 simulators were put in… theys should pbe plug into ur rear

o2 plugs on the car!

No, it has High flow cats, and it has the rear 02’s behind the cats… just for some reason, they still had o2 sims… dunno why… so this morning i hooked the real o2’s up, cleared the DTC’s… and nothing has come up… so … seems like i fixed the problem

Even if the sensors were plugged in you’d probably still get a catalyst code. Acdelco O2 sensors are touchy as fuck. most of the times with high flow cats the sensors won’t get the correct reading and will throw a code even if everything is working correctly.

You’ve cleared the DTCs but the computer is still in learn mode, the code will take a few days and a certain amount of drive time to come back.

I need a sim to pass emissions with my high flow.

actually, it was only taking about 15 miles or so for the computer to trip the code when teh sims were hooked up… after i unhooked the sims and hooked the real o2’s back up, i’m not getting a code… Drove teh car all day, and nothing… so hopefully things stay that way…

hmmm, :dunno:

mine car takes about 100 miles to run through all the checks, what ever, maybe that’s because it’s obviously inferior :smiley:

live and learn

well, you were right… had a SES light show up again… this time it was about the “catalyst not performing correctly (Bank1)”… so yea, the high flows are fuckin with my o2’s. now…

pewter, how much for simulators? I can’t believe mine went bad… talk about pissin ya off

89 bucks at summit

if your orignal sims went bad try taking the O2 sensor wire and pulling it up into the engine bay. this will keep most of the weather and dirt away from the sims.