O2 Sensor will not fit on Turbo Elbow

I wasn’t given an adapter, and I have the skinny O2 sensor. Ay of you guys have this problem? Im thinking of drilling into the cap off stud they gave me, and retapping it to thread. What did you guys do?

I cut if off and welded a new bung on, then threaded that. I remember the thread being an “odd ball” size, available but not too common. I think it is a 12mm but I would have to check.

Yeh I am having this problem. I have not done anything yet, but I am thinking about drilling into the cap? I dont know, maybe there is a better way.

Where can you get a new bung from?

Im actually gonna go to brafasco and get what is called a reducer, its the same thing as the stock one, but it will be smaller diameter to fit the o2 sensor AND on the new elbow.

Good luck finding the correct thread…

Good luck finding the correct thread…[/quote]

Yea thats the problem.

Yet another reason to buy quality Japanese products such as the Trust
Turbo extension.

Plug that hole and drill and tap another, thats the easiest way.

it aint a matter of trust, hks, or anything like that…its the fact that all these exntensions are made to work with the s13 redtop o2 sensor…the s13 blacktop one is a lil thicker…

varun, it doesnt fit either of them
only the SOHC sensor fits and its useless

yes it does, as long as ure 02 sensor came oem from 1989-1993 on a redtop sr…and i heard that some late model 1993 redtops used the black top o2 sensor…this all word of mouth, no factual info from nissan as yet though.

My redtop uses the skinny sensor and it would not fit the other turbo
extensions.

The GReddy Turbo Extension I have fits both the fat one and the skinny
one because it comes with the proper adapter.

But hey, you guys got your stuff for cheap, so you cant complain.

i have one of the ebay ones, i had no problem with O2 sensor.

ask H, Matt and darien, they had this same problem.

it is just a matter of getting the right O2 sensor, there are at least 2 different versions.

Im going today to nissan to grab a new O2 sensor, which do I need and what will I pay?

I believe that the skinny O2 was an 87 Z31 turbo, while the fat one was a 95 Z32 turbo.

derian is correct

the skinny one is from a 87 turbo 300zx, and the fatty is from a 300zxTT

you should beable to make an adapter to fit, but both o2’s are around 80$ new so just buy a new one…

Or if you’re me…pay 40$ each HAHAHAHA suckers!