Oakville Nissan making a drifter car.

http://autonet.ca/DriverSource/stories.cfm?storyID=13681

Anyone seen or heard of this?

thats very interesting…

perhaps i’ll give them a call, see if they need some professional guidance…lol

Thats cool shit, curious to see what its like when its done.

Yes they are making one. Dave Small is cool he was at my workplace the other day and i met him. He used to work at 401 dixie before i was there. Right now our dealership is think about building one for a lil friendly comp with oakville. We were talking justin (owners son) today, he’s was telling us he want to but his dad (owner peter) get final say. Justin seems to want a vert, with a silvia front end and a S15 SR20.

a vert for a drift car? umm ok

i read that woodchester nissan is also making one.

Midway sponsors a Skyline… and some FIA approved vehicles that are already built and drivable…

Winner.

“The plan is to install a complete JDM S15 Silvia front end, which will not only consist of the front clip, but also the fenders, wiring harness, headlights and engine”

Hmm…

a front end…which does not only consist of the front clip…but the fenders, wiring harness, headlights and engine?

huh?

I’m confused, isn’t that redundant?

no comment

Who will drive it?
Are they going to bring Drift King over from Japan to test it out?

Like give me a break, they will probably make a nice car for display infront of the shop and take it to test track to get numbers. Its a really good idea and I wish them luck.

man, everyone in canada needs to suck less and drive more

a vert for a drift car? umm ok[/quote]

verts look hot. don’t bash it till you see it.

think wise sports onevia vert.

a vert for a drift car? umm ok[/quote]

verts look hot. don’t bash it till you see it.

think wise sports onevia vert.[/quote]

i never said they were ugly. last i heard drift cars are supposed to be stiff.

oh you can make it stiff. no problem with that. its just the weight thats going to be the problem.

this makes me laugh so hard…i know one “qualified nissan mechanic” who took 6 months for his sr swap…Id love to see these guys at the circuit with the “$50,000” plus monster…LOL

what the hell is a vert

GT

convertible?

ohhh. yes that would make sence.

GT

hahahahaha, cant wait to see it, i wonder which other dealerships are gonna jump on the bandwagon?

I wouldn’t be quick to say the nissan techs can’t build and drift a car. One these are people that worked on the 300ZX’s etc. Owned and modded them. My boss had a 600hp 300ZX which he gave to his brother. He’s a speed freak. Another candy 24 tech has a 13.5 sec sr’d 240 and still wants more. He tracks the car often. It see’s more road course than the street. Guys with built hard bodys. There is one tech with a 90 hardbody, with new 2 piston brakes from a 01 path, 3.5L V6 from a 2002 path, drive train from a 98 path, 97 hardbody front end. Everyone seems have or had their own build up and a very knowledgable about the subject and there are some that are just plain dumb. You have to realize that these techs are just like the rest of us car freaks.