obd2 bmw guys, i need help asap!!!!!!

Is anyone willing to let me borrow there obd2 COP’s (coil on plugs) for like 5minutes so i can test and see if mine are bad??

I am willing to buy lunch for the trouble/time. I just need to diagnose a missfire problem.

thanks…

u can borrow mine.

that andy I tell ya, always willin to lend a hand…

:wink:

No problem. But if you like I have a bentley manual you can borrow to look up the resistence of the coils, and just use a multimeter to check them out.

lol, preferably east coast residents? mechanicalmadness, its not always as simple as checking resistance. when are you available. pm me

I think there is a guy on bf.c in rochester parting an m3 fyi. Dunno if it’s OBDII or not.

well, ive already ordered new coils, but i cant wait till they come in to find out if this is the fix.

If I saw this earlier I would have loaned you mine. If you ever need anything specific like this next time, PM me.

you can still help me. i just need a working set for about 5min so i can see if this is my problem.

My bro’s got a 02 or 03 330i, would that work? I’d have to see when he’s free though to do it.

No andy, those are M54 COP’s.

why would they be any different from mine? it should be the same.

If they are bosch, they are not the same, if they are bremi, they are the same. According to the part number, up until a Feb '02 build date.

you can borrow mine. I have mine off my e46, and off my m50

well, if anyone can help me today that would be great. pm me your number and ill get ahold of ya after 5pm.

PM’d

Ill be in Hamburg tomorrow if shifty cant help ya… PM me if need a hand :slight_smile:

i want to thank everyone who sent me a pm willing to help me out. I realy appreciate it. Fortunately my coils came in today and the car is back up and runnin.:slight_smile:

thanks again.

lol, well it appears that one of my new coils is bad. It had a funny mark on it that i thought nothing of and thats the one giving me trouble. sooo, i only need to borrow 1 now to make sure thats my problem.lol