O'brien wakeboard

Ive had the wakeboard for about 3 years. Ive only used it maybe 20 times at most. the wakeboard is in great shape besides two little marks on the side.

Price is $250 obo. no low balling

For those who are not aware, a wakeboard is like a snowboard on the water. If you have ever watched the x games, you would see people doing flips and other tricks behind the boat, riding sideways.

These things aren’t one size fits all. Some measurements might help. How many cm the board is, binding size?

sorry sir. its a 142 size, and I will check on my break but its a large binding, they come in xs, s, m, l, xl. might possibly be xl. i have a size 11 shoe, they fit me good perfect, I have had a friend with size 13 with his foot inside, but it was starting to get a little tight. keep in mind you want a tight fit so your feet dont fly out of them if you fall. Also these go on much easier when wet!

Good board for the big guys like me. :slight_smile:

http://www.sportsoutletusa.com/wakeboard_specs.php

Any idea what skill it’s aimed at? I’m riding an intermediate to advanced board right now, spent about $400 from 321 in Lockport a few years ago.

honestly, I use to look more into this, I want to say its an intermediate. I loved how it felt on the water though, just sucks that my parents sold our boat and got a 25’ pontoon boat, no wake behind that big beast. great pop on the wakes and a very very comfy binding!

as you can see in the pictures, they are not fixed fins, they can be removed/replace with small or just removed in general. as is, it has great response for turning/cutting towards the wake.

I really didnt get to much into it, because I never had a boat with a rack on the top, which is very handy for wakeboarding.

hmm… would you take 200?

PS… keep a water bottle with a mixture of dish soap and water in the boat. Squirt your feet and the bindings and it makes getting the bindings on SOOOOOO much easier. Can’t believe I didn’t learn that trick for at least a year. Yet another thing in life that is better with lube. :slight_smile:

I knew about that but was to lazy to mix it up. i usually just dunked it in the water then put it on the swim deck and slid my feet in.

i paid about 350$ before tax. like i said, i really haven’t used it that much.

edit: by the way, I am only about 160lbs. yes a very light person. but this board worked pretty damn good for me!

edit: yeah I was off, the bindings are XXL.

yeah I was off, the bindings are XXL.

If anyone is interested and wants to try it out and has a boat, let me know. I am willing to take the day and go for a boat ride and try to help out with anything i can for trying this out. (beginner or not) I do not have the boat to try this on, so asking me to take you out and teach you on mine will not work.

this is one hell of a fun time when you learn to ride, much better than water skiing.

A 142 seems pretty big for a 160lb person. I just bought a 137 O’brien, and I’m about the same size.

Nice board though :tup:

thanks. I’m going to miss it. It’s my snowboarding in summer, just wish i had the fucking boat to use this with. I really would rather not sell it, but its just been sitting around for the past 2 years not being used at all. I never had any problems with the board at all, like the size.

bump!

Damn. I need a new one really bad, but that’s too big for me. TTT

well thats not helping me out now. haha, where do you board or go boating?

My parents have a cottage on Lake Erie (just past Dunkirk/Fredonia) and they are getting a slip at Smith Boys this year.

only thing that sucks with wakeboarding, choppy water. you need somewhat calm water for a fun time. choppy sorta sucks because its ruff on your legs and hard to try and pull anything off

Yeah. I knee-board a lot too and I get maybe 4-7 days every Summer that I can actually go out and ride. :tdown: