OCTOBER SNOW STORM OF 06 ALL SNOW RELATED POSTS GO HERE and ONLY here

Most eventful part of friday, was trying to find an exit on the 190 at 2am that wasn’t clogged with stuck cars. The William St. was the lesser of all evils as it only have 3 cars stuck on it.

-Had to help push two cars out before I could blow though it with my pimptastic station wagon.
-Was insanely low on gas so I couldn’t stay and help the last one. I felt bad mostly because she seemed really nice, and was damned cute to boot. Then again it was a NA/SS colbalt so I doubt she could have been to bright.
-Made it to the corner of William and Harlem, with no visable street lights, but as luck would have it the Mobil still had power. Got gas, proceeded home. Passed a car stuck in the middle of the intersection. As I drove away the rest of Union went completely dark.
-Made it to Walden passed a 4x4 Jimmy that was unable to make it up a hill under a bridge.
-Took a left on Walden, at the time everything had power. Made it just to the Target, saw a bright green flash followed by a bang, and all the lights going out on Walden.
-Probably about a 1/2-1 foot of snow on the ground with 3 more intersections to go. Stoplights were out, and didn’t even bother stopping no way in hell I wanted to stop on a slight incline in those conditions.
-Got to My street, not a single car had been down it. So it have a foot of wet-snow in it. Swung into the opposing lane got a running start at the street. Spotted a tree down, went around it best I could. And kept going right into my parking spot on the street.
-Admired all of the snow piled up in front of the car after parking.

That was probably the only time I’ve completely hated driving in the snow. About 15 minutes later the street was entirely blocked by trees. Power blinked once or twice, watched the transformers blow down the street. Good times. :tup: