OCTOBER SNOW STORM OF 06 ALL SNOW RELATED POSTS GO HERE and ONLY here

…LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EDT FRIDAY…

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EDT FRIDAY.

BANDS OF LAKE EFFECT PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE ACROSS THE REGION MOST OF THE NIGHT. THE ACTIVITY WILL FOCUS OVER THE BUFFALO METRO AREA AND EAST TO BATAVIA EARLY THIS EVENING…AND TEND TO LIFT NORTH OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE NORTHERN SUBURBS AND UP INTO NIAGARA AND WESTERN ORLEANS COUNTIES BY MIDNIGHT OR SHORTLY THEREAFTER. THE PRECIPITATION WILL BE MIXED…WITH RAIN…HAIL AND WET SNOW CLOSE TO THE LAKE BUT IT WILL TURN TO HEAVY WET SNOW AT TIMES… ESPECIALLY OVER INLAND LOCATIONS. THUNDER AND LIGHTNING WILL ACCOMPANY THE MOST INTENSE BANDS. ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE BECAUSE OF THE UNSEASONAL NATURE OF THE STORM AND THE WARM GROUND…BUT MUCH OF THE REGION SHOULD RECEIVE 1 TO 3 INCHES… WITH 6 INCHES POSSIBLE WELL INLAND. THIS CAN CAUSE SERIOUS TREE DAMAGE AND POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES AS MOST TREES REMAIN IN FULL LEAF.

Yeah I just came down to post it’s snowing pretty heavy on G.I…
D

hey you told me to, you jackass.
for the record… I hate that picture.

man. the drive home is probably going to suck REAL bad. someone hit the panic button.

I am at GCC. Its just starting to snow alittle now.

They just released a lake effect snow warning.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NYZ010&warncounty=NYC029&local_place1=Williamsville&product1=Lake+Effect+Snow+Warning

WHICH WOULD PUSH THE
BANDS NORTH TO BUFFALO’S NORTHERN SUBURBS SUCH AS TONAWANDA AND
AMHERST AND NORTHWARD INTO NIAGARA COUNTY. SOME OF THIS ACTIVITY
MAY EDGE INTO WESTERN ORLEANS AND NORTHWEST GENESEE COUNTIES AS
WELL. MOST OF THIS AREA COULD EASILY SEE 1 TO 3 INCHES OF WET SNOW
WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE NOT OUT OF THE
QUESTION…WITH THE BEST CHANCE OF HIGHER AMOUNTS OVER AREAS AWAY
FROM THE WARMING INFLUENCE OF THE LAKE…SUCH AS LOCKPORT OR
CLARENCE.

im sure its happening everywhere already. The women at my work are already in a state of panic. The drive home is gonna be bumper to bumper and 2 mph like as if it was the first time any idiot around here saw snow. :bloated: :shoot:

It is snowing in the wrong places, no snow down here in ski country YET.
In fact the sun just popped out.

I FUCKING HATE SNOW!!!

or where is the EASY button? :frowning:

radio said lake effect snow advisory for the north towns from 8:00PM tonight until 12:00 noon tomorrow :eek:

god, i think i jinxed myself by putting those winter wiper blades on the truck, and putting the nice roush carpet floormats in the basement, and bringing out the ugly rubbermaid ones.

if you need any help with that this season, let me know… I don’t require sleep so I can work as early as needed

:lol: hey Justin, that thing still going on tomorrow?

Today may officially be the day when people relearn how to drive in the snow… and cause many accidents in the process.

sigh… i hate women.

(EDIT: and love men)

snow is one of my few friends

btw

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m192/thesxekid/its_gonna_rain_snowcopy.jpg

it is of my opinion that janny lurks real hard, and reads most threads, then when a topic of interest comes up, she mentions something. regardless, her posts usually have some semblance of intelligence behind them, which is more than i can say for some other people who post in every thread.

Update…

It is now bluebird and super sunny in ski country.(no lie)

meh still have a while till ski season opens so this is teh ghey :tdown: