Odd request: Copper Plating

Awesome. i really have no idea what kind of stainless it is. I have never seen a dealer ever specifiy what kind of stainless the cage was made out of

Never plated anything that large, but enough chemical and a big enough bath and I’m sure I can do it.

Yank one off and I’ll give it a shot. If it works, yay, you pay. If not, worst case you just paint or powder coat it.

You’re 100% positive it’s stainless and not chrome plated right. If it’s chrome it will need to be removed(blasted off) then the surface will need to be prepped(sanded and buffed very smooth) to get that polished chrome like finish.

Yes. It says right on the website stainless cage only

Just let me know when you can get one to me and I’ll set the rig up then and get the chemicals moving. I have to clean the oxide of the anode anyway, it’s been siting in the box for awhile.

Il take slap shots at b-ri’s face :excited

Why wont this dumb website let me neg rep you.

That is NOT FUCKING FUNNY STREETSWEEPER

ROLL BAR!

As soon as my custom mask arrives from Canada I will get a hold of you.They said 3-4 weeks but I don’t know how much the two holidays in that time are going to affect it

im looking for someone to (copper) plate a 20" BMX frame, forks, and barz.

it’s all cromoly steel.

i do not have a tank big enough to do the frame.

that’s what i figured. and i want it to match!
ooh i should have the wheels done too!

It matches exactly when you plate all the parts simultaneously and when the base material is the same. Largest piece I’ve ever plated was an old V8 crankshaft for a guy who wanted some display piece. I’ve never plated multiple large components in a single shot mainly due to the limited size of the tank.

To accomplish what you’re looking for you really need a large vertical suspension tank. Those are usually along the lines of 5-10,000 gallons of solution chemical and some serious power supply. I have nothing anywhere near that kind of setup.

Actually started doing it to replate old Porsche emblems on vintage cars. Haven’t used the setup in 4-5 years.

Can do anodizing(not hard anodizing) as well, just different chemicals and approach.

Helmet is being finished and shipping. PM’d you Adam

a lotta pipe dreams ITT