Oddball games that...

…you would be ashamed to admit you have/still play.

I know I’m not the only one. So why not post them up what you liked, what you didn’t. And your most memorable memory of the game.

For me one of those games was A-10 Cuba

http://www.worldvillage.com/wv/gamezone/html/reviews/a10cuba.htm

Was a simple looking flight sim originally designed for the macintosh, odd in the fact that most flightsims of the time were trying their best to look pretty via 3d-Acceleration, and fancy stuff like texture mapping.

Good points:
-Very complex damage/flight model for the time.
-Fun/easy to jump into once you get the controls down
-Insane multiplayer maps (low-gravity asteroid field, runways on 5000ft towers, 50+ mph winds, and other odd hazards)
-Things are going on around you even if you are not near it.
-AI is subect to all the same restrictions you are (ex. they don’t cheat)
-High resolution (1024x768) with flat-shaded polygons provided a clean easy to see look. That is quite unique.

Bad points:
-Short game (11 missions, 4 multiplayer maps)
-Only one flyable plane
-The graphics where not fancy
-Used the windows sound manager, limiting to one sound at a time.

Favorite moment:

Attempting to return to base after taking a near flak hit from a boat which resulted in a ordiance explosion taking out part of my left wing, the left landing gear, fuel leak, took out the left engine completely, and caused the right to catch fire which I was able to extinguish but not without a good deal of damage

Then making to the run-way to realize another aircraft was shot-down right into the middle of the runway leaving a crater behind, as well as a good portion of the plane. Then also realizing one partially functional engine could not get me above stall speed to clear the wrecked plane, and plowing right into the wreckage.

If I didn’t quit starcraft cold turkey by snapping it in half last year I still would be playing it.

I would get in these epic battles of 6 vs. 1 (me being 1), and the fun part was getting accused of hacking and I never knew how to hack.

not really oddball… but monopoly for PSX FTW :tup:

best game ever. still play it like twice a week :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: almost forgot… commander keen :slight_smile: I still <3 that game

circle jerk?

hide teh sausage?

OHHHH computer games

Looks cool, i may have to find this bad boy and dust off the wingman force feedback.

I don’t have the game anymore but I want to get it again. It was a game for PS1 called Jumpig Flash. You are basically a robot rabbit and you jump around a 3D environment doing things. Jumping Flash 2 was hot as well.

Talk about a trip down memory lane…

Don’t play much now, but let me see…
Commander Keen was always a fun one to play, I barely remember A-10 Cuba, but its there somewhere. Starcraft… between that and Quake, I had many a sleepless night in college.

The one that I still play every now and then, and I’m not ashamed to admit it, is Worms: Armageddon. For such a simplistic game, its just too damn fun!

Yeah worms is up there for sure. I was a duke nukem fan too.

Worms FTW!

Oregon Trail

Worms :tup:

Oregon Trail, OMG ANIMAL CRUELITY! Time to mow down fields of Buffalo. That, and a few others are the reasons I still have my Mac Quadra 800 laying around :tup:

worms is such a fun game, i need to get a copy of it again. I lost mine a long time ago.