OEM nissan parts?

Hello all, i was curious as to where you can get original nissan parts such as body parts. Like maybe original type-x body parts, valences ,sideskirts, fascias… and the wing and tail lights fo course. I know there are enough replicas of the wing and lights out there to fill our demand, but where do you get the oem parts?

google.com

pdm-racing.com

courtesy nissan

texas nissan

searching the interweb

i ahve looked on ebay, google, pdm, and other nissan body kit selles, and have found some similar thigns such as the 180sx ORIGIN kit which is quite similar to the outfit of the type-x…but no luck as to actual full kits+wheels (the type-x wheels form liek 96 as far as i know) are sexyyyyy!

you better be willing to spend ALOT of money if you want to replicate an original type X… talk to tony, i think he is sonic180sx. he has a gorgeous all authentic type-x. i remember he said he sourced most of his parts from southern states and japan using a translator in three way calls lol

yea…seeing how i am nto the richest man alive…id see myself just doing the body…nto the iotnerior and widnows too…just front bumper, skirts, valence and read bumper (if its not the same as usdm 240) lights and wing…which i knwo will still all cost a shitload to do.

If you can get me a VIN number from a type X in Japan, i can source you the body parts from Nissan Canada.

wow really? thanks man.

Well i dont need the parts right now as i dont own my car yet…but when i do i will definitely hit you up man ,thanks alot!

No problem.

Whats with nissan asking for VIN numbers for parts? i think thats a little F***ed up but thats just me

Just go to any Nissan dealership with the part numbers. But since you don’t have a car yet I don’t see you actually ever doing this.

Word. I was gonna do my SR swap and S15 front end the first summer of owning my car. I bought my car in 2004, don’t intend to do an S15 front end and I’m not even sure if I’ll be going SR anymore…

I’d call dealerships first, my local one dosen’t have JDM part #'s on their system, so if I give them a JDM part # they look at me like I’m stupid, then I’ll show them the part, and they say, sorry, can’t get that…

If you have seen the parts software, you would understand.
Basically, there can be numerous variations of the same part for that specific year, and sometime’s the designations for the special models (type X, etc) are very vague. Now imagine this issue on Japanese parts software, where you cannot understand the description provided to differentiate between the different parts because Windows doesn’t like to display Japanese in any other way than regurgitated Greek.

And I don’t need the VIN of HIS car, I need the VIN from the car (not the SPECIFIC one, but any of the same model) he wants parts off of.

i suppose that makes sense i just thought they were being pricks cause when i went to nissan and asked for a set of headlights they wanted the vin number and what the guy told me (ignorant prick) was that he refuses to order part if i didn’t have the car they came from…i guess he was just being a lazy ass.

Well the whole ordering a part for a car you don’t have thing is bullshit. But asking for the VIN just ensures that the part you get will work for your application.

Yea im not sure i will ever do the swap…but who can ever really plan for such an uncertain future.Im just asking for future reference, numebr one so that i and others can search for this thread later on if someone has the same question…and two becasue i might ACTUALLY end up doing the 180sx body swap.

BTW, can u get oem nissan wheels ordered…cuz the '96 type x wheels look incredible on the 180sx/240sx body.

You can get anything you want as long as its still being made and you have the part numbers. You can get pretty much any hatch part cause 180sx were made forever. Just some they need part numbers for and they’ll prolly wont want to look for it for you. If you go in with the part number and can describe it accuratly you can get anything. Then its in the computers at the dealership and youre good to go.

Most of the stuff will be S.N.C.O (Special Non-Cancellable Order) meaning that you have to pay up front, and there are no exchanges/returns or anything like that - unless it’s defective. So make sure you want the part before you order it.

Yea…ill be sure to think things through VERY well before i order…i dont want to waste my money…