Official: Beer thread

I did a quick search and didn’t see one… If there is one oh well now I have one too!

Tonight was:
Hamburg Brewing Derailer (local brewery) - Stout aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels
Hamburg Brewing IPA
Bells Cherry Stout
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
Blue Ribbon Scotch (homebrew)

What are you drinking?

Also since most of you are in Albany, does anyone ever get out to VT and Heady Topper? I would be willing to trade something from my collection for a can.

There was one. I cant seem to find it though

I started making my own beer about 6 weeks ago. It came out awesome. First run was an amber ale, gonna brew up some more this weekend and keep the supply coming.

N00b, there are like 5 of them. I’ll merge them in.

I just suck at searching or maybe was at the bottom of that beer list when trying to search…

It’s actually the multiple content search that’s kinda messed up, but that’s a known issue.

have a couple harpoon long thaws in my fridge, i’m kind of slacking on the beer lately, also have a 120 aging in my basement.

I’ve had this cellaring since last Nov. I may crack it open tonight and see how it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drink that trader joes. a year should give it a bit more depth.

Tonight thus far:
Yeungling
Lagunitas Sucks
Ellicottville Stainless Steel Obsession

My best drink of the night thus far was a mixed drink at a local restaurant, “Death and Taxes” It was orange marble rye, cherry steeped agave syrup, caraway-citrus bitters.

yea i have no clue how long im going to age my 120, i forget about it most of the time so it will prob never get drank lol.

Hops fade daily. the longer you age it the more character it may have but it will not have that intense hop kick.

I noticed the TJ’s 2012 was minimally hoppy but pretty flavorful. Very spice heavy aroma with a hint of fruit. For being a 9% ale it was very drinkable and the spice was very noticeable on the pallet and almost had a bit of a woody undertone. Poured a very dark brown, with about a 1" cocoa colored head. A little too carbonated for my liking but overall for an “inexpensive” beer I was pleasantly surprised.

Been going nuts with IPAs again. Fridge is currently brimming with Bells Two Hearted, Lag Sucks, Lag IPA, Long Trail Limbo, Sams Rebel, OC Kind Ryed and two home brewed IPAs. Some Brown’s oatmeal, Youngs double choc., and a few 750s round out the bunch. Slowly chipping away at the case of Bourbon County Stout in the cellar.

Hoping to score some Bells Hopslam today or tomorrow, I’ve heard great things. Also, lots of beer festivals coming up soon, I’ll be at the Saratoga Beer Summit on the 22nd myself.

Also just finished a 4 pack of Victory Hop Ranch and I loved it. Crazy tropical hop flavor. If you like Mosaic hops or want to get an idea what they’re like this is a good beer to try.

Went to Madison Pour House after class today and had an Evil Twin Freudian Slip. Was good.

Bell’s Two Hearted is decent. A bit boring, but I’ve been drinking it for a bit because it’s a real beer that fit with the diet I was on (only 5 carbs per bottle).

Had Iron Maiden Trooper, was pretty good. I guess empty bottles sell online for about the same price our full bottles were purchased for?

My friend’s brought this over after one of them made the mistake of volunteering $20 for the beer purchase: Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ale. Not worth the money, its a trainwreck of weird flavors.

I have two or three bottles of the 2013 trader joe’s vintage ale in my house. I might crack one open to see what they are like fresh, then age the rest at 6 month intervals.

I drain poured the voodoo.

Definitely want to get down to the pour house. Was it packed when you went? Haven’t heard much about it since monday.

I like Two Hearted as a go to now, seems to be brewed often enough to stay fresh and is reasonably priced. Light flavor for the style, not a palate wrecker and excellent with spicy food. Glad Bells ships to NY now, also I got me a 6er of Hopslam today on a 1 pk limit. Was excellent but was a $20 6er unfortunately.

Bought 5 of those Trooper Ale’s but haven’t got around to drinking it yet. Gave three to a friend that collects Iron Maiden stuff.

That Rogue tasted like banana runts when I had it fresh a year or so ago. Not good for the $$ but it’s in a pink bottle so what do you expect. I stay away from Rogue for the most part now. They make great beer but better can be found in NY for less $$.

The bottle I just got of the 2013 Trader Joes wasn’t quite up to par with other Unibroue brews but was good for the price. I don’t think age would of had helped the bottle I had as it seemed a bit papery. Warm beer can go poor pretty quick and TJ’s doesn’t refrigerate this stuff any step of the way unfortunately.

Yeah, we were tempted. Eventually I just slammed it, since the idea of drain pouring a $15 bottle hurt too much.

Good point of the Two Hearted Ale being awesome with spicy food. I’m generally not nuts for IPA’s, I usually go more for pales and browns, if I’m not feeling like a porter.

I’m really not a huge fan of rogue, super pricey and I haven’t been blown away by any of their beers. Much prefer Stone, if I’m spending that sort of money. Friends brought it over, and it was mostly purchased for the lulz.

Don’t have super-high expectations for the TJ’s, but I’ve liked other dark ales from unibroue, so for the $10 for two of them it was worth the risk.

nope, but we went right after class so it was before 4 when we got there, left around 5:30 and the place was already getting really busy.

Voodoo donut is amazing. I’d imagine in beer form it’s terrible though.