Official Beer Thread

Real simple rules here. You try a new beer, you like it, post it up here.

Format:

1. Name.
  2. Type.
  3. Where you got it.
  4. Synopsis.

Please don’t come into this thread and say things like “I hate beer”. Or, “I’ve only tried Budweiser and it rules”. I really enjoy sampling different microbrews and imported beers. Anyone who lives in WNY and drinks has had Blue, Molson, Coors and Budweiser so no need to see them again here. This thread is for beer drinkers looking for something more than get drunk yellow fizzy water.

I’ll go first.

1. Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale
  2. Brown English Ale
  3. Premier Gourmet Shop, Delaware.
  4. Nutty smooth beer. Great dark amber color. Smooth flavor. Slight hop aftertaste. I could sit here drinking this beer all through the playoffs. My boss suggested it when we went to Premier on lunch. Overall :tup: :tup:

BTW… if you’ve never been, Premier is the perfect place for sampling beers like this. You can buy pretty much everything in individual bottles. Walk around and build a beers of the world 6 pack sampler, come home, enjoy. If it sucks you only have one bottle.

1. Genny Light
  2. Piss Beer
  3. Grocery Stores & Gas Stations Everywhere
  4. My personal favorite low cost beer. Perfect for everything from thirst quenching to self medication. :tup:

sigh

Not how I was hoping this thread would go. :slight_smile:

Oh you knew it was coming… Anyhow, not exactly unique, but a first for me last night.

1. Newcastle
  2. Brown Ale
  3. The Irish Bar in the Hotel I’m staying at in East Chicago
  4. Decent darker beer that’s not very heavy or sweet.
  1. Killians Irish Red
  2. Red Lagar
  3. Tops
  4. Excellent Red Lagar, smooth going down and good after taste

1.imperial
2.ale
3.ebc
4.very potent great taste

1.seasonal blueberry beer
2.no idea
3.ebc
4.brewed with blueberries very good tasting great winter beer

Barrel Roll Bock
Flying Bison Brewery, 491 Ontario Street, Buffalo NY
A hearty, full bodied beer with a deep golden color and sumptuous malt flavor. Barrel Roll is balanced with a hint of noble hops.

Don’t buy beer at stores. Go right to the brewery and pick it up. Fresh beer is like fresh bread. Tastes WAY better.

1. Nick’s Orange
  2. Orange Wheat
  3. Made it with my cousin
  4. made it in the basement. it has a sam adams taste with an orange zip.
  1. Peroni
  2. not 100% what I would classify it as
  3. Publix(Florida’s equivilent to a wegmans)
  4. My all time favorite beer, made in Italy so I can’t go to the brewery everyday :frowning:
  1. Pirrat
  2. Strong ass Belgian Ale
  3. Consumer Beverages
  4. Very strong concentrated beer flavor, a hint of sweetness, super thick head, will put you on your ass after a couple :beer2:
  1. Rogue Imperial Stout
  2. Imperial
  3. Beers of the world/Rainbow liquors
  4. Great, full body dark beer, will fill you up, high alchocal content, over 10%, expenisive
  1. Natural Ice
  2. Luxury beer
  3. Tops Frienly Markets
  4. This is the classy choice for sophisticated beer drinkers across the globe. Goes down rough, comes up smooth. :cool:
  1. San Miguel Light
  2. Light
  3. Manila, Philippines
  4. you can drink so many of these and never be full, kinda like coors light, and gives you a great buzz
  1. Rolling Rock
  2. Pale Ale
  3. Tops
  4. Very light, goes down real smooth, my favorite beer now
  1. Flying Bison Aviator Red
  2. Red Ale
  3. Wegmans, Consumers, at the brewery, on tap at bars
  4. Dark, malty, delicious. Not extremely high alcohol content but will get you in trouble if you like the pints.

sounds exactly like the one ebc has 10.6 abv

had this for the 1st time tonight… very good… didnt know it was seasonal… what is the high alky EBC called?

Samuel Jackson
Good Mothafuckin Beer!
no idea
It’ll get ya drunk. You’ll be fuckin fat girls in no time. You might even fight a nigga or 2. MMM MMM BITCH

Hennepin
Belgian Ale
At the brewery in cooperstown- Ommegang- (or wegmans/consumers)
Citrusy with a hint of coreander, goes down smooth