mmm BEER

I know that I am not the only beer drinker on here. Looking at the threads, some of us may have already had too many…

I’m a little beer frustrated as of lately, moved six months ago and the closest distributors have shiite for selection. I used to have a great drive through distributor nearby that not only stocked a nice variety and selection, but would also order me new cases to try. Some times they would randomly order me one, or if I requested anything specific it would always be there on my next visit. well, rant over… I need a new taste this weekend, and would love to hear a few recommendations.

So what’s everyone drinking?

my usuals, and recent favorites:

Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale
Dogfish (60 or 90 minute)
Magic Hat 9 (can’t find a local with a variety pack lately)
Stoudts American Pale Ale

The worst beer I ever had was delicious. Don’t be a beer snob. Anyone can enjoy a beer that costs 8 bucks for a 4 pack. A real beer drinker can suck down Old Milwaukee and like it. Man law.

man i fucking love beer.

i also love that i don’t need to go to a distributor to get a god damn 6 pack.

My beer things went off.

NYSPEED BEER TEAM, ASSEMBLE!

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Holy shit! It’s Friday! Omgosh I just got so excited for beer now.

You mean the IPAs, right? The 60-minute is my current favorite beer, I absolutely love it. Try Racer 5 and Hop Devil if you enjoy indias.

NYSPEED BEER TEAM, ASSEMBLE!

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/voltron_beer_girl.jpg

Also…

Favorites include:

ANYTHING from Stone Brewery (Bastard, Dbl Bastard, IRS, etc)
Boddingtons <-- sooo good.
Dead Guy Ale
Southern Tier Brewing Co…sometimes, it depends on how fresh I get it and what kind. I had bad experience with a skunked bottle of oatmeal stout a few weeks ago.

But anyhow, drive to Buffalo and pick up some Flying Bison straight from the brewery. :tup:

My thing went off. It is friday after all.

Yeah my work day is now shot. No more pipe stress analysis. I’m going to sit here and think about beer until I leave.

I’ve got a hankering for a porter…

Surprised you like Brooklyn beers since you have Dogfish Head on there. Brooklyn IPA is ok, but can’t hold a candle to Dogfish Head.

When its available, try Dogfish Head Bourbon Baton if you’re a fan of bourbon and IPA’s. It’s simply out of this world amazing!

If you like coffee Wolaver’s Alta Gracia Coffee Porter is delicious.

Straub is the only brand that doesn’t give myself a headache.
Whiskey. Black velvet with swiss sweet ice tea.

• Drunk trucker

Damnit. :skunk:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

You sir, have just blown my mind… Dogfish combines bourbon AND it’s IPA

omg omg omg

Really? dog fish and bourbon. Could this be found in western,pa ? I’d like to try it.

I’d imagine it tastes something like Sink the Bismarck by Brew Dog?

Ah, speaking of which: I love anything by Brew Dog.

It’s my favorite beer ever!

EBC does a similar one, ages their Imperial IPA in old Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels, its very good, but not as good as Dogfish Head’s.

Edit: Seems like I’ve really hit a chord with some folks here, maybe I should have kept quiet to keep all the beer to myself :slight_smile:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/burton-baton.htm

I have now found a new, singular, shiny purpose in life. Fuck me runnin’ I will get some of that.

hop rod rye
hop stoopid
arrogant bastard
boddingtons
tetleys
budweiser
pbr
j00se
4loko
rolling rock

Are you an alcoholic if you tell your self every morning that “there is no need to drink that much”, but by dinner time you have forgotten what ‘morning guy’ was bitching about?