«OFFICIAL» Network-Wide 2012 1/4 Mile Drag Racing Leaderboard!

So you think its the intake doing it? Wouldnt that also hurt my 1/8th miles as well? I might toss my stock intake back on tomorrow and head back to the track on Wednesday if that is the case and run no filters. I was thinking it was getting so hot under my hood by the end of the run and thats the majority of the air that those new intakes suck in. Supercharger is definitley louder which would make me think it was breathing better at the same time.

How hard is it to change the intake? Bring some tools and do a back-to-back run.

You have anyway to datalog your IAT temp?

My 1/8th was never too consistent. After countless slips, my 1/8th had ranges from 91.5-94.0, all with an average 1/4 mph of around 119-120.

That being said, your back half is weak. So like they said previously, swap back to stock, but bring the new intake. In between cool downs, maybe swap it out and see if you get any results.

My breakdown goes like this:

12.0@116 tune
11.7@120 tune + headers
11.5@121.5 tune + headers + snorkel + throttlebody grind

You should be somewhere in that range. I never tried the 100 octane/no air filter method, but at its peak, I probably could have seen 11.3@123 ish

This was from empire last year. Those other 3 were at New England Dragway in Epping New Hampshire. I was in the left lane.

I only have a scanner with me no data logger. And ill do runs with both at the track on Wednesday. Ill start with the stock next time seeing that I did every run with the new intake on. Did you also have an upgraded ic pump Scott?

if u woulda brought it home we coulda seen it the top end power results!!!

And swapped pumps and exchangers!

Damnit Bigsbie

on a side note, scotts def over heated and the blower shut down after a few pulls, yours never did doing pull after pull. Something funky going on…

Josh start a 2012 for this lol.

I know I know I should have brought it back. I’ll find out Wednesday what’s going on. Switching back the intake is starting to make a lot more sense when looking at the new intake. This track is supposedly known for low traps hopefully I can see some high teens. I’ll keep trying different things for now.

Done :tup:

Yeah, because I pay so much attention to do what goes on in the fbod community

I love that even Ls1 humpers don’t like you lol. That must really suck. Guess that’s what you get for being a loudmouth, know it all asshole

Keep things about cars or this thread will get split up like the DrDOS one.

Went back to the track tonight and went back to my stock intake and removed the filters. Made all the difference, traps still seem a bit low but ive heard that about NED. Ended up running a few 11.9s at 116. Highest trap of the night was a 118 (this run had a 2.2 60ft)
(Right lane)

95 aint no joke cuz!

I couldnt believe it myself… still cant figure out why my 1/4 traps arent higher.

It is strange seeing a 5 mph difference at the eighth, but only a .5 mph by the 1/4 (assuming that was another e55 you raced). I know you were looking at IC pumps as the original culprit. Being that they are cheap and can be swapped out in 30 minutes, Id snag a cm30 like I have. It might not help, but it also cant hurt - and it limits that as a possibility.

Regardless, 118 is quite the improvement. Id look into the pump and some 16" drag radial setups, because at that speed youre looking at mid 11s for sure. You might pick up some more mph as well due to a smaller tire and less rotational mass.

Sell that intake to some other chump and get your $$$ back yo

Congrats on 11s! I agree that there is aonther 5mph to be had on the back end possibly and some mid/low 11s on dr’s. In a manual trans car I went 10.9 and was a 99/127trap car. I bet in an auto you could squeeze a 10.9 on a 96-97/125ish mph car if it hooks. Would love to see it :tup:

Good job! Keep it up

Nice job :tup:

Thanks guys my goal since I got the car was to make an 11 pass on street tires. Got the pump already just waiting on the new light weight wheels and hopefully I’ll be able to cut a little more time off. I’ll keep you guys updated.

New best all motor pass on Saturday: (right hand lane #302)