«OFFICIAL» 2009 1/4 Mile Drag Racing Leader Board!

Post your 1/4 mile times here! Your time will only be added if you provide a time slip or video for proof. Also include a picture of your car for the thumbnail image!

Also remember - we’re not going to go hunting around the forum for times / pics / slips / vids. So if you want your time added, you need to post it in this thread!

cougarspeed’s original post:

[quote=“cougarspeed”"]

Ok I know some of you guys out there are still interested in cars and will be out at the track this season. In this thread you will post up any slips/vids from 2009. I am not going to promise a list of any type but lets see how the thread goes and we can go from there. Also feel free to comment on your runs and what changes you will be making and your current setup.

DO NOT bicker and especially do not bring bench racing garbage in here.

I am about to go to the track for my first runs of the season.

2001 M5
Mods:
cat-back
Heavy ass 19’s on el cheapo tires
Hoping for high 13s

[/quote]

DO NOT POST A RESULT / TIME WITHOUT POSTING A SLIP.

No excuses, and far less bullshit.

Previous bests or just current times for this season?

2006 Corvette, cam only with bolt ons.

10.844@125.83mph
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/TonyB4_album/th_020_converted-1.jpg

Yeah thats right! 13.5 full tank of gas, luggage and golf clubs in the trunk, clutch on its deathbed, stock aside from no mufflers, 19’s. WASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSA
Best 60ft of the day was a 2.0 but I missed 3rd. Only had enough time for three runs.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/ablake211/IMG_1015.jpg

whats wrong with the 2008 thread i made?

What! U couldn’t go w/1/2 a tank, & empty the trunk @ the track:banghead:

Any idea what the DA was? Nice pass.

Nice 60 foot, dr’s or slicks?

2003 Evolution
3" Exhaust, manual boost controller, tuned by Emery

12.843 @ 108.29

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3407/3518984145_32f46e107d.jpg

http://www.airdensityonline.com/trackresults.php?trackname=Pacific%20Raceway

Its the same out right now so that is as close as I can get unless we can find it backdated to Friday.

I am bummed I could not repeat my 2.0 60ft or lower but it was my first time at the track in this vehicle. I was also on 19" street tires lol.

Next time I go to the track with less gas and maybe some dr’s but I am afraid to break the rear end as I get wheel hop pretty bad. Anyhow I am almost positive I will be able to get this car to run a 12.99 pretty easy.

Edit- Does anyone else think I should be picking up more mph on the back half? I think it should be trapping higher coming through the 1/8 at 83mph. Thoughts?

Thanks, dr’s.

http://www.modulardepot.com/density.php

I use both of these to figure out the Da and correction. You just need to find out the track information because that dosen’t work in the first link.

9.97 @ 145.3

(I’ll edit in the slip as soon as im back in West Palm Beach.)

I’ve posted it before, but i dont know where… ahh.

So anyone have any guesses on why I only picked up 21mph on the balk half? My clutch was feeling like shit between shifts but then it seemed it would catch after a some slippage. I am assuming this is the cause and hope to pick up a 2-3mph after a clutch swap. I am trying to do the one mod at a time thing and go back to the track and see what I think. After I do a clutch next up will be a tune.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to the track, but I recall being in the 84mph range in the 1/8th and 108mph at the 1/4. This was in my Mustang with 306/322 to the wheels, ~3400lbs. raceweight, pretty hot and humid summer night, 17" street tires.

Figure my run picked up ~24 mph…but my car doesn’t have a strong top end so I don’t know how much that helps your case.

That is my point actually. My car is supposed to have great top end and it seems the mph is not there. Clutch was deff hanging on for dear life like no jerk at all into 3rd and 4th. I am actually about to go to the parts store for a new one in about 10min.

04 srt-4. 50trim, accompanied bolt ons, 245 DRs, 25psi and a bullshit clutch.
12.43@121.7

EDIT: i ran 12.37@118.9 the other day before i broke an axle.

Our cars have nasty top end above 115mph. Below it’s kinda meh. 104 trap speed is about average, maybe a couple mph low. How are your MAF’s?

Went to the Buschur Import Drag Race this past weekend in Norwalk Ohio at Summit dragway.

pic courtesy of b00stedtalon from buschur forums
This was my first full pass of the day.I made a easy shakedown pass earlier first to see if I turned the boost controller the right way or not (OMG)

On my 2nd pass I bogged off the line and on my 3rd pass I broke 3rd gear and that was it for the day.

Video of the pass

For this event I borrowed a Lightweight race seat (thanks Mike) and also borrowed a carbonfibre trunklid (thanks Wendy), I got the weight of the car down to 3,330 with the driver.

Important Mods are
UR standard gt35r kit .82 hotside
C16 at 27 lbs boost tuned by Mike at Innovative Tuning
Stage 2 Innovative tuning motor with
Arias 9.5 to 1 pistons
Eagle Rods
ACL coated race bearings
2008 STi oil pump
.5mm oversize coated Supertech valves
Supertech double valve springs
ARP head studs
subaru head gasket
stock unported heads and stock cams
non sleeved
AEM standalone
UR 1000cc injectors and rails
APS 725 FMIC
Exedy triple plate
07 6mt trans
Perrin Headers
turboXS manual BC

drove the car 6 hours to the event and drove it home again (without 3rd gear LOL)

^^Nice times :tup: