«OFFICIAL» Network-Wide 2012 1/4 Mile Drag Racing Leaderboard!

Tracks are open :tup:

Click HERE to view the leaderboard from 2009

Click HERE to view the leaderboard from 2010

Click HERE to view the leaderboard from 2011

Leaderboard Rules

1. This thread will be for submissions to the leaderboard. Prolonged ‘chatting’ between submissions may be pulled out into separate threads. (Drama, extra long callouts, etc.)

2. The board will be updated about once a week, depending on how busy things get for me.

3. This will be for both cars AND bikes!

4. This board is only for 1/4 mile times, not 1/8th mile.

5. All submissions MUST follow this format:

• Vehicle Driven
  • 1/4 Mile ET
  • Trap Speed
  • Include a picture of the Vehicle
  • Include a picture of the timeslip and / or video of the pass
  1. If you omit anything from the above submission format, your time will NOT be added to the board.

2. Submissions will end on November 1st.

3. All submissions to this Leaderboard MUST be from 2012.

2012 thread? I got some times to report

what you run?

Nothing special. 12.14 @ 114. Think I have a dead IC pump. Looking into it should be trapping higher losing power top end

Faster than a t-rex f-bod!!!

A 114 trap can get you into the 11’s if you get out of the hole good enough.

Quicker but not faster :slight_smile: I believe the f-bod trapped 120mph which for a guy new to driving 6-sp down a track is nothing to jab at IMO.

Not taking a jab at the new owner, just the former know-it-all owner. Meh, all that hype and shit talking about that car that was supposed to “stomp some peeps” and it’s just another 12 second f-bod, lol. Hopefully the new owner isn’t a loudmouth tool that thinks he knows it all. I said 6 months ago that the car would struggle to get an 11.8 or so with a good run. Slicks and some good air might get it there. I’d still like to see the slip to see the interval times.

120 is not slow cam only LS1, but thats gona drop without the wheel speed, and not having the 12 seconds to accelerate in 1320’. Not being hater, I help anyone thats not a retard and like to see people enjoy there car and get the most out of it. Sherms better off he sold it after the bullshit hopes and dreams running 10’s or top 20 cam only BS, thats never going to happen.

The NMCA 2nd event is going on right now in GA, lancaster was open today, NYI / empire in 6 days 2012 :tspry:

It went 12.2 @ 119 with a 2.2 60’ on street tires not drag radials or slicks.

Not really bad for a trex car on 3.73s that really needs 4.30+ per thunder racing lol and by my shitty tuning skillz

Something else will be replacing it in a few months decided to save money and get something else more finished since I have been busy with other shit.

It’s gonna run an 11.8 at 119 on it’s hero pass. I guess you’ll have to go and buy a car that someone else built since you can’t make anything yourself.

Probably

Should be trapping almost 120 right? Same mods as Scott last year right? except a real intake and street tires?

im sorry, i just want to be sure, is this a jab at LZ? and does this mean that even people who are down with the siiqqq-ness dont like him?

just want to be 100% here

Jimshorts trap is really low for some reason… He needs to get that monster figured out.

Does it feel that same since u left my house?

If you ever had anything to do with the car scene you would know this…

Tough to hook at the track I go to in New Hampshire but still working on the 60 ft. Traps should be up around 117 118 hopefully the new pump will help, might have to get a bigger heat exchanger as well. Personal goal is to hit 11s on street tires.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

All the same mods except an upgraded pump and the stock ones are crap from what Ive been reading. He got a pump right away, I never had a problem with heat soaking so I didnt think it was needed at first. I did get the intake on, the whine sounds alot more like a cobra now! and running on streets. My 1/8th mile traps are up a few mph but my 1/4 traps are down a few so something is up.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

It definitley feels stronger through the 1/8th mile, and to me still feels pretty strong top end but Im pretty sure there is more power to be had in the second half of the track.
Met up with a few AMG guys here in Boston yesterday and looked for their input and they all agreed its most likely the pump. Should be a quick easy fix Ill let you guys know how it works out.
S/C isnt shutting down but I’m guessing my current pump isnt working hard enough to keep the intake temps down when I’m getting to the top of 3rd. An upgraded one pumps like 50% more or something like that. Larger heat exchanger would also help with the intake temps. Pretty sure cooling will help alot.

Post the slip! I want to see the interval times.

These were my 2 best times of the night as well as best 60fts. Hard to get under 2 on streets. Highest trap of the night was 114.8 or something like that. Dont know the rule of thumb but I always round my traps up haha. (Car 027)

This slip is from last fall before any mods. Slower 1/8 mile trap but faster 1/4 trap. (It was a colder night when I trapped this.) (Right lane)

Ive really only been looking at the trap speeds not sure what else to look at on this slip that might tell me I should change my pump.

What track did you just race at to get those 2 slips at? It looks like the last years slip is from Empire. You picked up 25mph on the back half last year but only 20 this year. That’s odd.

At 93.5 you should be at least 119-120. Take off that intake you picked up and go back to stock.

Heres mine trapping the same 1/8th

The real trick for some top end is to keep the stock boxes, take out the airfilters, and run straight 100 fuel like this wagon