Official: NHL Playoff Thread

Right now, absolutely not. But I think last year he had a great season and if he kept his play up like that, then I’d consider him elite. And I totally agree with you 100% on anyone being able to win 25 games with Michigan State year after year, but could you post up 26 shutouts in 4 seasons? That’s an NCAA record and shows his ability to play consistent. Unfortunately he hasn’t quite established himself like that in the NHL, and yes playing for the President Trophy winners last year helps.

:lol:Boy did Malkin look stupid. Not a bad idea coming in slow because usually it’s harder for the goalie to adjust. But Malkin was banking on Lundqvist making the first move and he didn’t flinch. And then Malkin just snapped it right to his glove. Great patience by Lundqvist.

:word: That wasn’t the most opportune time for Crosby and Malkin to take a stand for their teammates, especially since the hit was clean. Then they both end up in the box with 4 minutes to go down 2-0. Not very smart on their part, but then again you can afford to do that when you’re up 3-0 in a series.