Official 06-07 Penguins Thread

Training/Rookie camp going on now…cant wait to for the season to start.

I hope Stall makes the team…I don’t see why there is even a question from what I heard and seen so far.

Here a a video to sweet highlight video from last season

Nice video. Im definately very excited about the new season… .Still trying to form a pittspeed ice hockey team :(…just not enough members.

I am game to play when i have time…I think this is going to be a fun team to watch…can’t wait to see how many points crosby gets this year

hopefully the pens can do something this year, id say with the new young talent they have they should be pretty good.

I was a big fan of htis guy last year even though nobody gave a fuck about him…he looked good when he first got brought up but fell of a little…I hope he makes the team this year.

Also this guy will dominate this year

What’s hockey?

I hope that Staal doesn’t make the team. If he is playing, then that is a sign that they don’t believe this team is as good as it needs to be to make the playoffs. I think with Malkin in the fold, Dominic Moore as a solid 3rd line center and guys like Talbot or Christensen to hold up the 4th line, there shouldn’t be a need to bring in Staal.

Also, I don’t believe you come in here and throw him on a wing (where he’ll probably end up playing). He needs to learn to be the star, to have the killer instinct in juniors before coming to the NHL. Even this past year, he spent a majority of the year on his QMJHL team on the THIRD line. He needs to learn to be a stud in the lower level and learn to play a wing there before being thrust into the NHL spotlight.

Nice video,hope they do well!

we dont have talbot anymore…but ya, i agree i sorta hope staal plays next year instead

Ya I was pissed about Talbot Last year…he played hard and was awsome on the PK.

About Stall I see the reason why he should wait a year…but I have a more simple point of view. I think if he can be a “Immediate Impact Player” and be in the top 5 in scoring for out team then why not have him play. I think he has the potential to produce 80-100 points from everything I have heard about him so far.

:doh:

Roller hockey maybe? The thread died a while back.

ice

I bet not many people on here can play Ice…Roller is still fun and more people can play

not official 06-07 pittspeed hockey thread:finger:

Pretty soon i’ll have hockey tickets in my hands and going to the games. hope they do better than last year.

i think they will. i mean, i said at the beginning of last year that i expected play-offs…blah blah, so i feel like i shouldnt be sayin it again this year, but i think we’ll be good…not quite cup-contenders yet, but good.

I was reading on the Post Gazette website, they had a story on the sports page about the roster for training camp this year and his name was on it. Misprint by them? I never remember hearing anything about him leaving.

maybe we do…i thought that he went somewhere at the end of last season, but maybe not.

Thats what I thought too…I liked that guy…he always played hard.