Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

Let the new year began guys!!:boink

If the Pens don’t drop Rob Scuderi and Joseph Melichar soon we should just call it a season lol. We NEED to sign some decent defensive players! In all seriousness though holding on to both Gary Roberts and Mark Recchi was imo a good move. I highly doubt Recchi will produce much, however Roberts is always creating somekind of havoc while on the ice.

what are you talking about Recchi the ‘wrecking ball’ not produce. He did great this past season with 68 points on the season and produced more than Roberts who posted 42 points on the season. I would take Recchi over Roberts any day but both together are a good package.

:bigthumb:

please dont ruin this thread!:squint:

:rofl:

I like we signed the two OG’s…both do what they do well…I think Lerecchinball just had a bad 2nd half last year and will be fine this year. I like the draft pickup…Espisito…it would be sweet if he could play this year but I doubt it…never know tho. The big mystery is who are we gonna sign!!!

only reason why roberts points were so low was cause he was playin on that shitty panthers team.i see him havin a big season with the pens and also alot more physical play outta the team.when he hits someone u can just see it fires the rest of the players up around him to play that way

Shit, I wanted to make the thread. Oh well.

I’m fucking pumped about the new season. Can’t wait til they break ground for the new Hallowed Grounds (arena).

we need to sign a REAL defenseman asap

I’m not trying to ruin the thread. I’m just stating what I felt was true. Mark Recchi is an awesome player and this might be his last season. I hope it’s a good one for Recchi. I hope they sign all the key players we need. A few trades would be nice as well.

We need Bugsy to step his game up. He has so much potential as a Todd Bertuzzi power forward type.

Pewter you are quite the analyist when it comes to the pens! I cant waite to watch them this year… if they can get it together on Defense this year I think they will do amazing.

x2. mad dudes talk shit tho, but i think hes sweet.

X2…he is sweet…just needs to wake the fuck up and realize he needs to put in 110% effort.

Recci needs to go

but other than that, it should be a great season.

at least now Pittsburgh has a team that is actually good unlike the shitty steelers and ever shittier pirates

It would be great to just move the Pirates the fuck out of here and get a team worthy of playing in PNC Park.

recci busts his ass. he deserves to stay

I agree 100%…he puts in 100% no matter what…just the 2nd half of last year he didnt have a good stretch…that doesn’t mean he sucks. This year they are sayinf he is going to be taking a reduced role…so iw ould guess a 3rd liner with 10-13 minutes pf playing time.

He does bust his ass and you can tell he’s playing hard…but that unfortunately isn’t going to cut it when you’re skating behind everyone. He’s past his prime, he should’ve retired but props to him for sticking it out for another season.