hockey fans....

tommorrow we find out if we get number 1 pick, ie: Sidney Crosby!!! if we do then penguins = cup…discuss(but not the NHL haters).

elderly mario> sidney crosby

well, lemieux is the man and i will never go against that…but its gonna be time for mario to hang it up soon so the nhl needs a new hero. hopreully we can continue having that star here in pittsburgh if we get the number 1 pick and crosby pans out.

we had mario jr (jaromir) but he got lazy, hurt and greedy. what a waste. maybe thou it was just mario all along, sorta like how jordan made pippen a superstar.

nice analogy

:down: i disagreee, he needs to get out and we need fresh blood on the ice…some young unkowns that dont care about the money but instead want to play cause they love the game…

yeah love the game and dont care about money

thats a good one

Crosby will end up in the greater NY area…you can bet on that.
Even if he gets to Pittsburgh he will not be the reason we would win a cup not for a few years any way.
Biggest day in the near future is Aug.1st when free agency starts.
But what ever the case you can bet we will be at mnay of the games

Sidney is supposed to be awesome. they did a 8 page writup on him in my American hockey mag a few mo ago

I heard Crosby is going to end uo in either Ny or Montreal …only reason they say Montreal is to try and Save hockey in canada …if he ends up here there will be a huge uproar of reasons why he shouldnt be here

nobody gets to pick where he goes, its a lottery

he could pull an eli manning?

good point but i somewhat disagree. im willing to bet that the league latches onto this guy sorta as the Lebron james of the league and markets the shit out of him. if he goes to pittsburgh we will get tons of media coverage and the better he does the more media eye we will see. that means nationally telivised games and such. noone even knew who the cavs were lately until james came. now look at all the coverage they get. i mean it will be to a lesser degree, but still he will impact the league that way in my opinion. for starters Reebok has already been using crosby as their main athlete to advertise their new equipment on, and he hasnt even been pro yet! noone outside of pittsburgh is gonna care if we sign a guy like Kovalev or some other semi-star free agent. if pittsburgh gets crosby it will be the biggest thing since jagr or maybe lemieux for us.

we might have a good team this year.i think we still have recci right? and if we do he has at least 1 more good year in him.and mario shouldnt have anything wrong with him he hasnt played in who knows how long so hes healthy.if we get the number one pic i say he will be a good fit and mario could turn him into a star if hes on his line.and i hear were trying to get back kovalev and straka if we do we have a good chance to get to the cup

if we get the number one pic, which is crosby i think, then we shouldnt put him and mario on the same line…we need to have 3-4 lines of balanced plyares we cant just go and have a power line…powerlines are for power plays and things like 3rd period games tied plays…i think that has been a problem with the pens they’re not balanced…IMO

Man, I can’t wait to see this guy in action

1. we won’t get Sidney Crosby
  2. lemieux needs to get off the fucking ice - yes, he was good but it’s time to give it up. it’s sad to see players keep going even though they offer nothing to the team.
  3. I can’t wait to see hockey again, it is by far the most fun sport to watch, IMO

oh yay hockey, just like baseball i pretty much have no interest in it until the playoffs.

mario is still in the top 10 best players and the best we have, no need to give it up.

this is true. but mario is also getting old. why not replace him with another good player just cause he is good. he gets old, he gets replaced. its simple. im not saying he is no good anymore, but he is FAR from what he used to be