Official: NHL Playoff Thread

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/20831/2372619390102705568S200x200Q85.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

Pitt.

im winning a pair of tickets for game 4, they wont last. prices are REDICULOUS. im winning at 250, max is 400 but i see most going for $800+

^^^ not winning for long then lol

+1

LOL!

fixed.

For many players on Detroit, this isn’t their first rodeo. For Pittsburgh, it’s the complete opposite. The young guns are going to have to overcome their nerves. Detroit’s been there, done that, and should do it again. And Pittsburgh will come back next year a better Cup contender because of it.

I think Pittsburgh got over their cup jitters with last year’s experience. I just think Detroit is a better team.

I highly doubt that. They’re going to be a much different team next year with all the UFA’s coming up this off-season and the loss of Hossa. I’m not saying they won’t be a good team next year, but this is their year.

pitt has some cup expirence, but they both have been riding pine the whole playoffs (roberts (most of it anyway) and sydor)

plus thats exactly what they said about the pens rangers series :stuck_out_tongue:

malone and hossa are the only free agents this year i believe. maybe MAF , or he could be next year. ive heard hossa likes the city, but he would probably have to take a significant pay cut to stay. next year is gonna be a big year for free agency also. stall, malkin, and maybe fleury.

Meh, experience isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. In all reality, when it comes down to it, the hockey must be played, and I think as whole Pitt is a better team.

And the goaltending advantage is way too hard to overlook, and it will be extremely important in such an offensively minded series

IYO who has the goaltending advantage?

Pitt.

Fleury is such a better net-minder for a series than the old guys in Detroit.

In his prime, Hasek could have carried that team on his back, but he isn’t what he used to be, and Fleury has been very solid this season, and even more-so this post-season.

Hasek isn’t even playing right now. Osgood is the guy and he’s been red hot. I don’t think he should be underestimated.

I do know Osgood is playing currently, and I certainly do not believe he is as good as MAF.

Goaltending advantage goes to Pitt still. Only advantage that Detroit has is “experience” which I don’t really think plays in as much as everyone tries to say.

Understandable, I do think Fleury is the better goaltender too. But I still think Detroit will win this series, we’ll see what goes down.

They’re going to be in some trouble.

theres definately a handfull of guys we need to resign, but half that list we can do without.

theres some dead weight i wont miss though
beech (sucks), roberts is awesome but only played half this year and his last couple playoff performances werent all that great. laraque would be nice to keep, but honestly how valuable is he, as long as we keep him roberts or rutuu i think well be set in the enforcer department.

i think in order they should try to resign…

MAF
Malone
Hossa
Orpik
Dupuis
Rutuu

everyone else is replaceable

And how are they going to afford all of those players and have enough money to replace all the replaceable players?

You can kiss Hossa and Malone goodbye right off the bat. Fleury is restricted, but look at what happened with Vanek when it comes to RFA’s. You can expect the Pens to pay him at least 5 mil/season after this playoff run. Then look at what they’re going to have to deal with next season. Malkin and Staal are both RFA’s.

Like I said, the Pens will be good next year, but they’re not fitting everyone in under the cap. It’s just not possible.

yea some of those players just made themselves alot of money in the free agent market after this run…