Official Shift Truck Thread; Woodchuck big bodiez ITT

Pretty sure The Wizard got 13/14mpg towing this pile of shit to the cespool of the US.

Miss my Tundy

I will own another 96-03 Tacoma at some point though.

Well no shit dude. :lol I’m sure the dually kills your mileage. I didn’t realize your truck was a dually.

salty soups ITT

13.8 exactly. :thumb :thumb :thumb

P.S. - I interrupt this diesel thread for a courtesy reminder to all of you who may not have had the pleasure of traveling there: FUCK NEW JERSEY.

Be helpfull if we took the better exit. :rofl

I’m standing behind my initial statement.

1st year of ownership
http://www.leded.com/Takeover07/images/NTC_Takeover2007_056.jpg

put it back to stock for tow duty a couple years later:
http://www.leded.com/RokPark_July09/RP_July09_01.jpg

truck buddiez :hug

FUCK NEW JERSEY.

My truck will tow anything that I’ll ever need to tow, gets good fuel mileage for what it is, and is light years ahead of your truck in interior quality and ride comfort. Non arguable points.

Sorry my post pissed you off, I was not implying that you were one of the 99 percent, in fact I would of put you in the one percent.

so… 1/2 ton diesel? I know they aren’t really sold in the US, but it seems pretty ideal.

All the benefits of a comfy half ton, and most of the benefits of a diesel 3/4 ton for normal people who don’t need to tow 20,000lbs?

1/2 ton diesel pickups. The truck of the 99%.

I rarely tow anything with my 1/2 ton, but if I did any kind of serious towing over a long distance, definitely I would have a diesel.

:number1

+1. My truck has every option avalible and is a 3500 HD crew cab. I also have a trailer on my truck almost every time I drive it. Many on here know that for a fact.

It all depends on what your intended use for the truck is if you want to put a plow on it then 3/4 or bigger or your stupid. Also if you plan on lifting it or turning it up your money well ahead with a diesel. I’ll take you for a ride some time in the dirtymax with the programmer turned up, might change you mind a little.

parallel parking it must be a massive pain in the dick.

when i read his (turbotrav) post, i thaught of all the suny cobleskill kids with diesels for commuting to and from school…seriously if anyone ever goes to coby, you wont make it from one end of town to the other end without seeing one. and i know alot of people to dd their diesel and dont own anything bigger than a 2-place snowmobile trailer. why??? b/c they dont care and its all about the “status”. i think thats the type of people he was refering to by his post

It comes down to thats what they want and thats how they spend their money to enjoy the automotive hobby. IE you have a fast sled and Trav has a fast EVO. Both are far less practical then a diesel pickup for your DD to get groceries, but thats what you guys are into. It just comes down to consumer preference.

Sensible talk.

Damn… i really want a diesel truck even more.

I have 2 diesels, ones a 5/4 ton…now do i need a 5/4 ton? absolutely. The abuse i put the truck through anything smaller wouldve been broken the first time i drove it. Mileage? probably around 12. The other truck is a 3/4 ton. Do i need this? yes, i live on a farm and put it to use as well as commute around with it, also bought to tow a trailer with. Mileage? i can get 22+ if i keep my foot out of it. Diesel everything FTW