Official Super Tuesday Results Thread

I don’t know about you guys but being the history dork that I am (got a bachelor’s from Canisius in American Military history for fun), I’m excited to see the results of today. This is going to be one of the most important days in our nation’s history because it will mark a turning point no matter who wins and will decide the future for all of us, especially our generation.

How about we close the Election Thread after today as well?

I’ll unstick it, but it could make for some fun bumps over the next 4 years. :ohnoes:

The_Russian?

Zing!

who is winning so far? lol

I found this on CNN, should be helpful. It has the 2004 map as well, which is quite interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/

HOW WET ARE THESE PEOPLE?!??

No idea, but I’m pretty sure the tank of a voting machine I used this morning would still work submerged in the Niagara River.

:tup: to 50 year old technology.

and so it begins.

it would work if it was in the water for 50 years

Fry - source for voting results?

Fun fact: This is the first election in my life that there hasn’t been a Bush or a Clinton on the ballot. (And there was almost a Clinton.)

Bush Sr. ran for VP in 1980, 1984; President 1988.
Clinton President 1992, 1996.
Bush Jr 2000, 2004

Lets see what our generation does without a Bush or Clinton in the White House. :ohnoes:

If you want up to the minute results after polls close then you have to go to the individual secretary of state sites for each state. Otherwise all the news organizations (CNN, FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC, AP) pool resources and report the same things

Got back from Ohio last night at 3am. There’s little doubt IMO we will win Ohio, the early voting lines were fucking nuts wrapping around for blocks

http://elections.foxnews.com/states_map/index.html :smiley:

All jokes and personal political beliefs aside, if Obama wins this I feel really bad that his grandmother, the person who pretty much raised him, wasn’t able to hold on to see it.

:word: That’s just not fair.

“The town of Hart’s Location reported 17 votes for Obama, 10 for McCain and two for write-in Ron Paul. Independent Ralph Nader was on both towns’ ballots but got no votes.”

Ron Paul coming in with good percentages for the start.:biglaugh:

It still amazes me that it varies so much. I had a little electronic box that read the card w/ ID chip that i put in it. No wet ballots here.

x2

The machines are somthing you would find still working in Fallout 3. LOL