so who voted today?

I did on my way to work for all the henrietta positions.

and here is a fail pic for those who didn’t.
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/epic-fail-vote-no-fail.jpg

Going on lunch. Too many old people if I try to go before work. :slight_smile:

Plus, this is the first election using the new optical reader systems and I guess it’s a mess with no one knowing what is going on. I figure by lunch time they should have it working, or have gone to some fallback setup.

i’m alone @ the shop today, we shall see if i get there…

Going when I get out of work. Every informed voter cancels out one more idiot that votes on race/looks/the ads they hear on TV/eenie meenie miney moe

Your shop is only open till 5 right? Polls are open until 9pm so don’t use that as a lame ass excuse.

oh snap, life is good then. i didn’t think they were open that late.

Yeah man, you can’t just have them open 9-5 and say “fuck, we don’t want people who work for a living voting”.

So tempted to throw a Democrat dig in here but I’ll let it go. :wink:

they did that in OP for the reduction in board members vote…

I’ll be honest - I dont know enough about the candidates to make an informed decision and I refuse to vote blindly down party lines. So Im not voting this time.

I might actually vote for a Republican :eek:
Not voting for Dan Ward after he pulled that shit suing the town of Amherst. I either need to pick a republican out of the three for town board or only vote for two.

While not a great decision, I can respect this more than the people who don’t know anything about the races and just go vote anyway.

And Joe, it’s ok, because I’m voting for a Democrat, Glascott for Sheriff. :eek:

meh, 15 minutes of reading about the candidates told me how to vote today… people are too lazy.

Got a quick site that has the bullet points for all the candidates?

the way I did it was to get the poll listings for my district and then google the names for news articles (or search any local news site)

I see that you are an educated voter. Thank you.

I voted Howard once, based on his very distinguished resume over the past 30 years. I’m voting Glascott based on Howard’s resume from the last 4 years.

I understand he’s working with a horrible budget. I’ll even give him a pass on telling the Justice Department they are too busy running the jail to give them a tour because I accept that it’s a stall tactic. But if you’re going to use “too busy” as your BS excuse you better have the common sense to tell tell Keanu’s film crew the same line.

Howard admitted he was lying in the debate last week.
“We trusted the news crew,” Howard said. “We don’t trust the federal government’s investigation.” :bloated:

I don’t fault him for not trusting this federal government. I fault him for not having the common sense to keep his stories straight.

I voted for Charlie Fieramusca in '05, he woulda made a damn good sheriff. I’m voting against Howard again.

I just realized something, and it was brilliant. If the Republicans had nominated someone to run against Brown, they would’ve gotten stomped. By not doing so, the inner city voters are not going to come out to vote for whitey with him guaranteed another term, when otherwise they would have. That’s a huge portion of the democratic population in Erie County staying home. Doesn’t bode well for Glascott, Poloncarz, and the county legislature, who in the later two cases had the advantage of the Brown vs. Helfer race 4 years ago to bring out the troops in the city. Lets see how that affects the results :frowning: