Election 2012

Maybe a little early but I’m going to be active in this election so just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are, etc.

I personally will likely be voting for Ron Paul.

Why?

As one commenter on an article about him said (couldn’t say it better), “I like that Paul can never be told he is “just telling the people what they want to hear.” Ron Paul has spent his career telling people what they DIDN’T want to hear!! He has also spent his career preparing for this moment. I don’t believe he was the right man for the job in past elections, America hadn’t festered enough. Now that we have brought ourselves to the brink of complete obscurity, we can all be thankful Ron Paul has spent a lifetime sculpting a plan.”

The reason why I haven’t voted before is because I think that 99 out of 100 candidates just talk to get votes and get into office…then do nothing good once they get there. This applies to even the smallest of local offices to the big ones. No one gives a crap. This guy seems like he’s been going against the grain for a long time, so maybe he’ll actually do some good.

I think it’s time we go back to the basics and just mind our own business. No more wars, no more helping the world hand over fist (sure, send some cash during a huge Tsunami or something, etc.). We have plenty of issues here that need to be tended too instead of playing World Helper.

Who are you voting for or planning to vote for? Why?

Totally voting for Bachmann, because I want to know what will happen if she is the president. :rofl

Did you vote for McCain/Palin (with hopes of McCain croaking)? :lol

I predict many pages of educated and respectful debate based on facts with no racist references whatsoever.

:rofl…doubt it. Worth a shot though. Maybe we’ll all be surprised.

Might work IF you only allow people who ACTUALLY go vote to chime in, like all 8 of them. :rofl

If there are 8 registered voters on this forum, maybe 3 have an educated understanding of what they’re voting for.

Let the games begin…

I’m one of the 8, won’t make a claim to be one of the 3 though :lol.

I’m with Mike.

I’m a little fed up with the state of things so I’m going to vote and be more active, but I’m by no means a politician or a political analyst. :lol

the rent is to damn high.

/thread.

highly agree! i also am planning to be active in the votes this year. so far Ron Paul is looking good.

:rofl thanks for reminding me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5SwyTvAHw[/ame]

thats a guy i will NOT be voting for. does he say anything other than “rent is to damn high”?

i like his gloves though.

and as a gun owner, i think we need obama out! trying to take our second amendment away, fuck that.

I just want someone who is going to do whats necessary to get this country back on its feet, whether it means spending more or less or taxing more an less. I don’t really believe one school of thought is the way to go, I think there needs to be a balance.

Ron Paul will drop out of the race before the election just like he did in 2008.

I have a hard time trusting somebody/voting for somebody that just up and quits like that.

I like Ron Paul and just about everything he stands for. The only issue I have with him is his foreigh policy of “non-intervention” which on the surface sounds good but there are some countires that need to be checked occasionally or we end up with a much larger conflict down the road.

I like his conservative postion on legislation, his increased border security and his opposition to welfare for illegals just to name a few things.

Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll win his parties nomination for President , I believe that will go to the other Texan Rick Perry.

Is Ross Perot running too?

man your aspirations are high…are we talking the normal posters on here or all members including people that never sign on/lurk?

as far as who i’m voting for, it wont be obama and not a single republican hopeful so far would get my vote. i’ve never voted for a major party anyways so i’ll prob vote for some third partier. we will see next year when the day comes.

This is my first foray into this stuff…if he doesn’t win the nomination he won’t be on the ballot?

Also, I got my voting card. Why is “General” checked and not “Primary”. Isn’t the Primary election the one for president? Or is that just for this year?

Primary is the one where they narrow it down to one candidate per party and general is the regular election where you choose between parties.

if ron paul doesn’t win the republican nomination he will run under as an independent, it’s what he is always done. and i’m glad to see more people starting to pay attention even if it takes horrible situations for it. and you will only be able to vote in the primary if you designate yourself a party, that is where the multiple republican hopefullys run against each other and then one of them gets the nomination, the general election is where you actually vote for who gets to be president and all the other shit that people can win.

i think this is the first time i have been helpful in a political thread. wtf.