OK... JoesTypeS.... YOU WIN. (watches... yeah, yeah...)

As stated in the other thread, I am neither a mechanical nor specifically a Quartz kinda kinda guy. But… I made my first purchase of an Automatic. I have to admit, it is pretty damn cool. Moreso than I thought it would be. Would it be nearly as neat without the viewing window? IMO, probably not… but it certainly is pretty amazing to say the least. So far as I can tell, it utilizes a variation of the ETA 2892 movement.

I happened into it from the standpoint that it was already a watch I was planning on getting being a Tungsten series, (and I need all the help I can get to stay scratch-free), but when I found out there was a limited run of 500 serialized Automatics, it was the logical choice. I obviously dont go for the type of style you do in your watches, by a long shot. But I can at least see where you are coming from in the Mechanical aspect at this point. I am a Movado person from the styling point of view, nothing more, nothing less. I am a fan of beautiful simplicity I guess…

I dig it! :tup:

i understood 3 words in that sentence!

inb4itsjustawatch

There were only three words in the sentence. CONGRATS!

I like it.

Congrats, wear it in good health.

Nice and yeah fuck the watch haters.

seriously, thats a hot looking watch, but reading an analog watch without numbers is way too much effort. if i look at my $10 timex, i know it’s 4:32 in .1 of a second. If i look at that, i have to guestimate where the 5 is, compared to 4 and 6, then read halfway past, WAY too much effort.

LOL… reminds me of the George Carlin skit;

“Have you ever looked at your watch, and didnt know what time it was? So you look again- and you STILL dont know what time it is? So you look a third time, and you still dont? Why the fuck do we do that?!?”

i love movados. i have a few…

Yeah. You have to appreciate the movement.

And here is one for all of the cf humpers.

That’s one hot Jaeger! :smiley:

I don’t get watch obsessions, but I’m not going to hate.

I’m just REALLY glad i don’t have one…

welcome to the dark side

I’ve never really been a fan of Movados, just think they are very “boring-ish”. I guess if your just looking for form and function with “class” then nice pickup.

I am not a huge fan of Movado either. They are nice, to be sure. I just enjoy wearing a watch that you can’t pick up at the local shopping mall.

word

i dunno, i don’t even like wearing a watch, it’s annoying

I thought the cell phone clock did away with wearing a watch?

A watch isn’t always just to tell what time it is.
If that was the case there wouldn’t be 100k+ time pieces out there. I have to be honest, 99% of the time when wearing a watch I still use one of my phones to check the time as they are much more accurate.