ok, my integra has gone stupid...

ok, i was drivin to work yesterday and i noticed my door ajar light came on…so im like wtf, im goin up a straight road nothing should have moved open. so i pull over and all the doors are shut but the car still thinks they are open. then at nite when i leave, i notice that none of the interior lights work now, nor the turnk light. wtf? i check the fuse, and its blown. as soon as i put a new fuse in for the interior lights, it blows again. i know its a hard problem to figure out over the interweb, but anyone have a good idea where i should start? i dunno what would trigger the door ajar light AND blow my fuse for the INT. light.

my old integra did the same thing except the fuse didn’t blow it just burnt the wiring. after taking half the dash apart and looking around for a long while i noticed it was a wire in the wiring harness that was arcking off the metal part of the dash.

aaaaaaaaaaw shit i dont wanna rip apart the whole dash…

unfortunately he may be correct on this one. sounds like a wire(s) is touching bare metal where it shouldnt be.

you don’t have to rip apart the whole dash just take the plastic from around the stereo/heater and remove the heater/stereo and then the bottom half of the dash on the driver side and around the steering column should be like 6 or so phillips head screws and then under that plastic there will be a metal cover that is held in in by like 4-6 10mm bolts and from there you can see
most of the wires and fuse box. on my 94 integra the wire that was bare was right around the metal dash support where the stereo/heater goes.

ok i got the drivers side lower dash out, center console, and under the climate controls, im not seeing the cover held in by the 10 mm bolts tho

its the metal thing after you take the plastic out from under the dash should be right there looks like it shouldn’t come out but it does. anyways just look around in all of the wire harness if theres a short you should see it just look for a burnt/melted/stripped spot of wire(s)

ok cool, i know its a long shot, butyou dont happen to remember what color of the int. light wire is?

no i don’t sorry is it just the int. light or dash lights to?

wht/red i do believe

here.

the dash lights and climate controls all work, its just the dome lights dont work along with the stupid door ajar light. i tried redoing one suspicious wire, i replaced the fuse and it popped it right way so that wasnt it

their on different circuits

as you can see in the pic. the door switch and interior lighthing all run on the same circuit

thanks for that diagram that really helps. i got a feelin im lookin for a bad re/white wire somewhere cuz if im readin that diagram right the red/white controls the lt green/red wires which controls the door switches which would make the damn dummy light come on

sorry i thought that you said that the dash lights and stuff didn’t work. if the door ajar light doesn’t come on and the interior lights don’t come on it could be the switch/wiring in the door piller for when you open the door and the lights come on. again i am sorry i mis understood u actually didn’t have to take the dash apart for that just the driver,passenger and rear plastic panels to investigate the wires and switches on both the passenger driverside and trunk area.

no problem. I have the service manual so If you need anything else just ask

the dome lights and trunk light dont come on and the door ajar light is stuck on.

ok i popped out the dome light, and the door ajar light went off and now it works like normal. i tried puttin the fuse back in and it popped again. does this mean my problem may be behind the headliner?

Shit Dante, bad luck…

There isn’t much electrically inside the headliner…dunroof harness and dome connections. I doubt it is that. Whats confusing me is the dome light affecting the door ajar switch. Have you popped the door ajar switch out yet? The plug that is connected to it may have grounded itself out inside the b-pillar. Pop your rear panel off and take a look. I can help with whatever it may be. Gimme a call or something while your wrenching, and I’ll try to help.

Do you have a bunch of stuff wired into the extra pins in your under dash fuse box? Have you pissed with your stereo lately? In our cars, if the stereo harness (which is typically crammed into the dash) ground shorts out, itll blow the interior fuses.

i havent pulled out the door pins yet to inspect them, they are workin perfectly now but that dont mean anything. umm, i actually just pulled out the aftermarket stereo completely so all thats left is the factory harness. i ripped out my under dash neons so they are gone now, cleaned up all that wiring. the only thing after market now is the alarm, but thats functioning fine…so…i dunno? i guess back under the dash haha