dash lights out on 92 Mustang GT

i was driving my car last night, everything worked fine. came home for like 20 min, after i realized i was locked out and no one was going to let me in, i got back in the car and headed to my GFs to sleep.

when i started the car, my dash lights do not work. so i drive to lockport at 11:30 last night with no dash lights. that was fun. the headlights work fine, and the little rotary wheel that adjust the brightness of the dash lights does not work but it does turn on the dome light. I noticed that the dome light thing works intermittently. my guess would be that its that?

i messed with it the whole drive last night, and even tried banging on the dash and hitting it, which unfortunately didnt work. I’d like to get this fixed TODAY as id like to drive the car tonight if its nice out. thanks.

please tell me you checked your fuses before making this post…

I’d try hitting it again. Maybe harder.

i’d say fuses first, happened to my car and it was a just a fuse.

[quote=“MikeRi24"”]

i was driving my car last night, everything worked fine. came home for like 20 min, after i realized i was locked out and no one was going to let me in.

[/quote]

they finally pushing you out of the nest? :lol:

:eekdance:

Go check your fuses and report back

The key with an old Ford like that is to take a hammer to the switch. Happened all the time on my fox bods. Once you hammer that switch so far into the dash you cant see it anymore…problem solved.

Good luck

:picard:, :picard:, :picard:.

Sounds like a bad coil circuit solenoid switch.

its because your stupid GT … your headlight switch is on FIRE … trust me

oh, is it that foglight/headlight switch thing that’s cooked here?

thats the one …silly GT faggors

[quote=“ieatpaint315,post:2,topic:31847"”]

please tell me you checked your fuses before making this post…

[/quote]

i would say jeez dont insult his intelligence, but, nahhhhhhh

oh, and i know with a lot of cars, the taillights are on the same fuse as the intrument lights, so, uh, yeah, check your fuses u dont wanna be driving around at night like that

fuses are good, checked those first. tail lights work also.

It is a light bulb. check it

the HVAC control lights are out too, which i would assume is a different light bulb than the dash lights. im gonna pull the switch out tomorrow and take a look at that. if i need a new one thats ok because its not really snapped in the dash solidly anymore anyway lol

honestly this is noob stupid and u shouldnt be near a car.
step one check fuse
step 2 check bulb if those two are good and with that little bulb u wont know by looking so go buy a pack of bulbs.
step 3 check for power at the socket with a test light(if u have power u have a bad ground or bad socket which reground or stick a cottor pin behind the wire in the socket it works some times.
if no power at socket check for power and ground at the switch if u got power going in and no power coming out you have yourself a bad switch. if you have no power coming in. take a jumper wire to the power. does it work? if so fuse tap into your headlights and run the wire to the switch. if this is hard sell car.

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:15,topic:31847"”]

the HVAC control lights are out too, which i would assume is a different light bulb than the dash lights.

[/quote]

: PICARD:

lol if this is hard sell car…classic