ok, NOW I'm scared

I am looking thru news articles and stuff and its just layoffs here and layoffs there. :ohnoes

Ha medical field ftw

where do u work?

I work at a bar now which survives cause people will always drink and as far as my career path is in the medical field. I have a job lined up at Albany Med when I’m done with school

IT work FTW too (for the most part). IT is always in need cause everything is so damn hightech these days.

job security ftw… yay

Yep. I ain’t go nowhere.

:rofl… IT field is flooded. If you are new in the IT field (< 5 years) then I’d be VERY worried.

IT, Medical. Both VERY good feilds to be in right now :o)

IT jobs are probably one of the easiest job types to outsource or refill… dunno where you guys are getting this false sense of security from

medical field not always FTW… i’m an LPN but I need to work days and it’s like either I lack experience for that specific area or it’s in Saratoga and i refuse to travel an hour to work when I live right outside of Albany

… and people hiring take FOREVER…

going back to school seems like a better option more and more…

If I was a programmer I’d be worried…networking is much less prone to outsourcing.

Lucky for me I’ve been doing this for 6 years (I’m approaching 22). I’m starting my certifications now I should be good to go.

omg… so many laughs… you don’t even need a degree to get an IT job networking. Networking is leaps and bounds easier than programming. Much much easier to replace a networking guy than it is a skilled programmer. If your employer cares about those certificates then good for you, but the vast majority don’t. I wish everyone the best of luck, but your mindsets are completely out of wack.

People freaking out worrying and NOT SPENDING is the reason this recession is going to last so long.

correct

The only jobs hiring now are lousy paying ones or ones that require years of experience

Yea I cant even get one of those lousy jobs till schools over. This suck ass, whos with me on making a tree that grows money? Hahaha.

Looks like Im stuck at my job for a bit. Atleast its steady work but its been kinda slow for us lately.

If things get really bad for me I can always fall back on trade work (HVAC/Plumbing or general contracting)

I like getting paid to browse this forum lol