OMG cell phones are EXPENSIVE!!

so, I’m at a paid training seminar for my work today, and on the desk in front of me are my book, my Jeep keys, and a few other random papers. Sitting next to me are 2 other guys I work with every day and are really stand up guys and 2 of my good friends. all 3 of us get up to go hand in a paper. We are gone for maybe 3 minutes. come back, and a few minutes later, I realize my cell phone is not on the table in front of me where I left it. I know I had it right before because my gf texted me and i replied to it.

I spend the rest of the seminar freaking out, looking through all my pockets (EMT/Paramedic pants have a million pockets in them and stuff gets lost in there), looking through my bag, jacket, on the floor, everywhere, and the instructor even asked at the end if anyone had seen it. I stayed after for about 45 minutes looking for it, and a few people even stayed after to help me. Never found it. It was on vibrate, so I tried calling it, several times, and it went right to my voicemail meaning it was turned off.

So, the conclusion was that someone stole it right off my desk when I wasnt there. I went to Verizon to get a new one because I dont really have any other choice, and I had to pay full retail for a new phone, which was $420 that I sure as hell do not have readily available. So, someone at my work it going to be getting an E-mail and be informed of this happening, even though I am 99.999999% sure there is not a damn thing they can or will do about it. I’m just angry that people have to be shitty like that

/rant

coulda bought a used one, but that wouldna fit the instant gratification need.

sucks Mike, :tdown:

it sucks that people are that way, but whoever got it cant register it on verizon as it would come up as a stolen or lost phone right?

$400 is expensive?

For a cell phone, yes. Doesn’t matter if you are well of or not, that is money that could be spent elsewhere.

look at the N95, that is expensive, people paid over $1000 for a razr when they first came out, that is expensive, $400 is not bad

ouch that sucks

400 is crazy IMHO. but then again im a cheap bastard

That wasn’t the retail price. Most of those people spent that just to be “cool” and have the phone before anyone else. Just another way to waste a lot of $$$ and be a tool.

:bsflag:

i didnt see a poll asking for what kinda phone

Just do an insurance claim. I hope you had the $5/mo. insurance on a $400 phone.

$50 is cheaper than $400. Turn around is usually 2 days too.

thats what insurance is for

no one realizes what the non subsidized price is untill its too late…

i have plenty of used phones im looking to sell. get at me

yeah I didnt have the insurance lol (but I added it on this time around). I didnt want to hold out for a used one because I wasn’t sure if you could like freeze the account in the meantime or whatever so the person that has my phone couldn’t use it.

I have the LG EnV, and for the same price, I “upgraded” to the Motorolla Q9m. I dont have the internet (no use for it), and I’m still having a hell of a time trying to figure some things out, but I’ll get there.

i love my Q!!

its taking some getting used to…

ok seriously then wtf do you need that phone for your a parts driver and a emt. your not using the internet do you really need a key pad for texting. iam sorry but i hate people who have pda phones and really no fucking use for them. your wasting money every month trying to look cool

I <3 my pda phone. i use it for everything, EVERYTHING, but with out the internet on it, it would be worthless to me… only an organizer and a phone i guess…

i use hand me down phones. a phone is a phone, lol. as long as it fits comfortably in the pocket and goes “ring ring”

im probably going to get the internet for it, i could really see where the GPS and maps could be useful for both my jobs. I will probably start using the organizer as well once i figure out how to use it…that’ll prob eliminate all the little scraps of paper i have laying around in my car and in my pockets with notes on them lol

vznavigator is the biggest waste of money ever. buy a gps! i had vz navigator when i did direct tv and let me tell u. i was in chester new york where its hill infested that thing was fucking useless.