OMG *OFFICIAL* iPhone Thread

New Cydia Application Reviews
Latest ones I have downloaded and installed on my 2.0.1 iPhone from Cydia.

Snapture 2.0 Allows more advanced camera options. Ad-supported free version that doesn’t allow some thumbnail features and quick delete but pretty cool with some picture effects and I think you can change your resolution settings and also digital zoom in using touch gestures on the screen.

GRiS Google Reader iPhone Sync. Haven’t messed with it too much since I mostly just use mobile Digg for my feeds but allows you to sync and download all your feeds from Google Reader.

videorecorder3g Video recording on the iPhone. Free version is limited to 30 - 30second recordings and claims 15fps frame rate.

Winterboard Popular theming application for your iPhone. Allows easy on/off theming from downloaded themes and tweaks. Two big ones I use is that my lock screen wallpaper is my Springboard (home screen) wall paper and my dock where my Phone, Safari, iPod, Text icons are at the bottom is transparent.

Pysl SMS and Call Filter for your iphone. Allows you to have different types of alerts from different contacts and also set reminders for SMS messages. Home page is on google code at: http://code.google.com/p/pysl/

Anyone got a link to jailbreaking this bitch

mac or pc?

and is your phone a 2.0.1?

i dunno im getting it after work, and PC.

Heres one for 2.0

Ill have to do a little digging for the 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 if it is them

You can make your own with http://winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page or just download a prebuilt firmware that has Cydia for ATT.

i got reading to do, wtf is cydia

It sounds like an STD but it’s actually a way to make your phone less reliable so you can install some rather mediocre apps that aren’t available in the app store.

Its the application to install programs from repositories. When you jailbreak you either have to install AppTap (Installer.app) or Cydia for an easy way to manage your third party software.

Ugh… I think im picking one up tomorrow.

And when will people understand NO phone will EVER kill the iPhone… If it has a apple on it, it will be loved by millions, and those millions will go on forums and bash the shit out of any possible competition. That, and the current competition is raw garbage in comparison.

I have never and will never be an Apple humper. The only Apple product I own is my iPhone but it is the best phone I have ever used and IMO currently the best phone out there.

Its very unique in its touch interface (Ya other phones have it but they dont feel as smooth and fluid as the iPhone).

Also since its Apple, it has a huge following so new apps and software is being developed and created daily on the App Store and also third party repositories.

I would be hard pressed to find any phone coming out that can match this in the near future. If the Android based phones come out and meet their expectations, that might pose a threat in sales and cut down the iPhone sales but that is months away and will be some time before phones take full advantage of that platform. nothing will kill the phone for a long time for reasons other than it has an Apple on it. There is lots of non-Apple humpers that love this phone.

Im just saying, even if a phone existed that was better than the jesus phone, apple lovers would unite and start talking about how cool the new app is for the iPhone, and how the google phone dosent have it.

I have a iPod touch, and yes, its amazing. So they tell me its like that, but with decent internet EVERYWHERE! (ish) Sign me up…

so ur saying its not smart to jailbreak the phone?

I just don’t see the point right now because I haven’t seen a jailbreak only app that has made me want to mess with my phone. For as little as I’m going to play games on my phone I’m happy with the free stuff in the app store. Maybe jailbroken I could have got the dyno app for free, maybe not, but it was 12 bucks.

What are all of those ver. you have been posting like 2.0 2.01. 2.02?

The firmware versions from apple.
2.0 = from the factory iPhone 3g
2.0.1 = first set of bug fixes
2.0.2 = second set of bug fixes

Itunes pushes down the updates

Ok this thing sucks, im taking it back.

LOL. Liar. You love it. P.s. I’m posting from my iPhone.

Is there a way to sync with mozilla stuff or only MS?, i cant seem to find anything to sync with thunderbird or firefox

Video recording and skinning was a good reason for me to jailbreak it.