on the hunt for a car...

Uh, yeah. I would call them. Talk to someone who will be sympathetic to the fact that you are out of town. Get them to give you an email address, so you can send pictures of your car. Make sure they know you want a pretty accurate phone quote for your trade-in. This will involve travel time on your part, and you want MOST of the details worked out before you even get there. I’ve done it twice with motorcycles. Call the dealer, tell them what I have and what I want. Both times they honored the trade in price they gave me on the phone. If you buy the car out of state you will probably have to register the car and pay the sales tax at the dmv when you get back.

Any nissan dealership. You don’t have to ever bring a car back to the dealer you bought it from for warranty work…

You guys are really falling for the marketing. If I had to guess it’s 10% higher spring rates, and a 2-3 mm larger rear bar.

Let’s look at the histroy of the SE-R nameplate over the SE.

-B13 SE-R 27% more power, addition of VLSD, 10% stiffer rates, ~3 mm larger rear bar ?? mm larger fron bar.

-B14 SE-R 27% more power, addition of VLSD, 10% stiffer rates, ~3 mm larger rear bar ?? mm larger fron bar.

-B15 SE-R Spec-V 6% more power over base SE-R, addition of Helical LSD, ??% siffer rates and ?? mm larger bars.

-Altima SE-R 4% more power over SE, NO LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, “sport” suspension. (not a badge package at all)

Yes, 10% higher spring rates will feel more sporty, but take into consideration Eibachs sport/pro are 40-50% more stiff than OEM.

If the SE-R is the same price as the SE then go for it, there is no reason they should hold a premium over the base 3.5 SE.

hm. well ^ these are things to consider. Thanks. Im going to really take my time with this, and entertain some other cars as well. If i can stay local with a purchase, all the better. There is also the option of selling my car beforehand, and then taking cash with me (where ever, for whatever car) and using that as a down payment. Im free and clear on my loan (just paid off my max) and so its all profit from then out.

Guess I have some looking to do.