Cheak out the Nissan Alltima SER

You guys have to cheak out the new Nissan Alltima SER. It looks pretty pimp!

Yup. I got to sit in one about three weeks ago. Ericksen had three of them in stock (two Auto, one MT).

They are not THAT much different than a loaded 3.5SE, but nice little extras. I really like the 18" rims. And the embroidered leather seats are a nice touch too.

yea my mom is probably gonna buy one. just gotta wait to sell the civic. if she gets it i’ll bring ti to one of the meets. its an awsome car with a pocketfull of power :shock:

Why would your Mom get the SE-R version? Does she actually enjoy driving (more than the average parent of their generation)? I can’t really see an Altima SE-R having very broad market appeal, compared to the normal 3.5SE Altima. And the Maxima starts at ~$34k-$35k too, which is another option at that price range. The Altima SE-R to me seems like a great paradox.

A true ENTHUSIAST is not going to buy a mid-size family sedan in the first place. And the average non-enthusiast out there (majority of car buyers) would balk at:

• 18" rims with lower profile tires (and more $$ to replace tires)
  • stiffer ride
  • higher insurance cost
  • may not like the slightly more agressive styling (who knows… some might, or not)

But as far as “powerful” though its only 10 more hp over a standard 3.5SE. But, granted it has different gearing too because of the 5spd vs. 6spd tranny. (we’ll have to wait and see what the difference in tested numbers is… a normal 3.5SE MT has already been tested at 5.9s 0-60 by C&D… how much faster can it be??).

I really only see the ideal target market being the guy (or gal I guess) who can’t have a “sports car”, or had to get rid of theirs, because kids have come along so if he/she has to limit himself/herself to a “family hauler” might as well get a nice sporty powerful one that hauls ass…

Seriously… who else is meant to buy this car? Comments…

yea its my mom’s dream car thats sporty. she drives like a maniac, and finally wants a car that can keep up. :smiley: also for only 2.5 g’s more you get ALOT more. definatly worth the cash in my opinion

The biggest benefit to the Altima that I can see is more space than a Maxima. If the SER can handle like the Maxima, I think it would be good value. There really isn’t anything else like it. Both Toyota and Honda don’t have anything to compete against it. Nor Acura or Lexus. I think the typical Altima buyer is somebody who likes the 300M but doesn’t particularly like domestic quality. In a sedan, I still prefer RWD and the only real option I see is the poor man’s E-class, the 300C.

I’ve drivin the SER a few times already. I love the car. Handles really good.

Here’s the differences from the SE to the SER.
-18 forged alloy wheels.
-Z rated tires. (Bridgestone SO-3)
-Bigger front brakes
-Sports suspension
-Sports seats
-Sports pedals
-Side skirts, front and rear Valance
-Xenon head light
-Blacked out tail lights.
-3 pods on dash (look a like the Z)

I’ve sold 2 already mysekf. Love the car and everyone you talk to gets to like that car just as much. My coworker sold 1 to an older lady that wasn’t really looking to get an SER.

The Altima handles better then the Maxima from my test drive.

MAx