Who all here drives an Altima or a Maxima?

Who drives a newer one of either car here? What can you tell me about it? What things do you like/dislike? Any problems you have encountered with them?

'06 Altima here. Love the car. But it depends what you’re looking for. I think it’s a far better deal than the Maxima of the same year. It was about 8K cheaper, actually has more rear headroom, and has the same engine (although the Maxima is tweaked for 15 more hp).

If you’re looking for something small to throw around the corners, this isn’t the car for you. It’s a bigger, heavier car so some stiffer suspension and bigger brakes would be needed for any sort of racing. But the car’s got tons of power and tons of room for hockey gear or golf clubs (or baby seats), and those are the main reasons I bought mine.

'05 Altima SE-R. Love the car, lots of go and corners really well, does pretty good in the AutoX for a big car. Good family car too - especially fun when I roast someone driving a sports coupe while I have my kids in the back. Lots of room. Dislikes - usual FWD problems - torque steer and understeer.

Anyone have the 3.5 07 Altima? My dad is looking to buy one soon.

I have an 06 Altima. The problem Im having at the moment with my car is that my 20" rims are rubbing on the rear fenders. Excellent car though.

05 altima 3.5 here. no real problems. the thermostat shit its pants yesterday but other than that nothing. Like smoke said nothing like smoking a coupe with a grocery getter.

I have an 08 3.5L Altima Coupe. I love driving it. Puts a smile on my face. It haves everying that I wanted my 240 to be except the turbo. The car is super quiet and runs so smooth, which is opposite to my SR. Th 3.5 L has plenty of power to put you in your seat. My uncle bought a 07 4 door and he wished he had the 3.5 L instead of the 2.5. Gas milage is nothing to write home about. I think it is about the same as my SR. Huge gas tank though. The best part of the car is the 6 speed.

Darek

My wife has a 05 Altima SE-R great family car with lots of power. No issues so far.

I have a 05 2.5 SL

Do NOT buy an altima with the 2.5. You WILL be disapointed. Oh yeah and mine has 110XXX and goes through oil like crazy. To Edmonton and back to Calgary and I have to fill it again. It’s pretty well empty.

Thank god my lease is up soon.

3.5 coupe here I come!

Haha… 2.5L curse…

I have an 03 Maxima, I love the speed and interior/exterior styling. The paint chips too easily though, and theres not too much aftermarket stuff made for it.
All in all, I love that car a little more everytime I see it.

Interesting. This recall was issued for the '06s; but I didn’t see it for the '05s.

Only the 06 Altima and Sentra SE-R’s had this issue. They had different piston rings made in the States installed. Guess where the good ones are made? Japan.

Hey, I’m new… but I have an 04 Altima 2.5. I havent had any oil problems (probably because it was already stated that it was an 06 issue) I did have to get the auto tranny rebuilt at 108k though.

All in all… Should have bought the 3.5L. Not going to lie.

Welcome ckxtreme.

Yes yes you should lol. Welcome good to see another alti

Welcome aboard!

PS - Ken, that avatar of yours confused the hell out of me for a second…

lol i wish the search button was white instead of dark though

Ask and ye shall receive…

Hmmm Maybe I will turn the Animated Gif’s of… Stupid thing. I clicke don it like 3 times before I relized it was a pic.