finally, nissan delivers....

i seen on one of the sentra forums today a link to the new spec-v. its looks good. it finally has enough power to be worth a spec-v title, and comes with a lot of other features. so far, it is 200hp-n/a, 17 inch wheels, 12.9 inch front rotors, limited slip diff, 2.5 liter(qr25), short throw shifter, and special compression pistons. the spec will be a totally different car then the se-r. the se-r will only be 177 hp. and it is going to be priced under $20k.

Nice.Any pics?

i seen one of the front end, and back end, the front looks just like a maxima, it has the same headlights, shape, etc. im not crazy about the looks, but the hp increase is worth it. the only downside is its a little beefier then the current b15 platform, it is around 300-400lbs heavier, so that sucks a little. i also seen it has 10.5:1 compression pistons, so thats a little better then the ones i have. it looks like nissan finally built a qr25 that can handle aftermarket power.

I’ll still take an Altima SE-R FTW… Give it about another year or so and they should be in my price range.

this thread is pointless without pics

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Nissan/nissan_sentra_SE-R_manu-07_01-1024.jpg
Hopefully that displays. Some info about how its built in the links below. In all honestly if it gained that much weight and still has the rear beam suspension, i’d rather see Nissan tune a Versa instead or just go with the Altima SE-R for the V6.

I really hope they change the headlights. It looks horrible. The car actually looks like its smiling at you.

nope, it has rear beam suspension. that sucks, but is going to have paddle shifters(who cares). it should have independent rear suspension. but they are finally getting closer to a great compact.

the new 07 altima looks so much like the maxima…

& they are going to have a Altima coupe…don’t really like the look but i’ll need to see it in person first.

i dont really like the altima SE-R’s. The body mods and wheels are nice, but you pay all that money for an engine upgrade that really isnt noticeable. i’m willing to bet that the current model spec-V sentra would have no problem beating the SE-R altima stop light to stop light.

i doubt it.

my moms got a 3.5 SE & its very torquey…even though the SER engine performace is not tha big of a jump…i bet is enough to polish off a sentra SER

i bet a normal 3.5 altima would give the sentra SER a run if not beat it.

2006 Sentra SE-R 2760lbs 165hp 175 lb-ft
2007 Sentra SE-R aprox 3000lbs 200hp 180lb-ft

2006 altima SE-R 3335lbs 260hp 251lb-ft
2007 altima SE 3294lbs 270hp 254lb-ft

i think the altima is quicker.

ok, it might not beat it… but i think it’d be a lot closer than most would think. i guess my point was just that i dont think the SER altimas are worth the extra money over the regular 3.5 SE’s.

i won’t argue that…have’nt seen the inside of one in person, but from pics ive seen the inside is PIMP.

plus i wonder how much better it handles.

SE’s are like 25, SL’s are like 27 & SER are like 29

i hate how they have SE & SL now…

my moms is an 02…& back then they didn’t have both…she got an SE which was like getting a current SE with all the SL luxo options like leather heated seats etc…

she was gonna trade it in for a newer model but i was telling her you can’t make an equivalent to what she has now.

the SE can’t come with some SL luxo options & the SL cant’ be had with the stiffer SE suspension, etc…

Im sorry sentra se-r’s are slow! The altima would walk all over the Se-r sentra. And there is no difference between the Ser Altima and the Se Alitima motor.

fixed.

/

Altima SE-R gets a 6spd as well.

This is why I would wait a few years, no way would I pay the extra for the visual differences the SE-R has over the 3.5 SE as a brand new car. And as mentioned before, the new Altima looks TOO MUCH like the Maxima… And what’s the deal with that tranny that “doesn’t shift?”

next to the new civic, the sentra se-r is the best 4cly n/a out there. it can crack under 15 sec 1/4 with a good driver, and only costs around $18k. against a altima 3.5, it would lose if it was stock, but i’ve seen plenty videos on the sentra sites where spec’s with only i/h/e going neck and neck with altima 3.5’s, se-r’s, and maximas. nissan is well known for making engines that aren’t close to claimed hp, so a i/h/e spec will be around 165-170 at the wheels, and a stock altima se-r is around 215-220, i know its 50 hp, but the spec weighs a lot less. and believe it or not, specs are built for handling, not 1/4 mile races, so it actually handles pretty well, rear beam and all.

What all do you (04se-r) have done to your car??

I agree, I have an 03 Sentra Spec V. It’s not that impressive, but it’s pretty good for what was out on the market at the time for under 20k. I think I got mine new for a bit under 17k. Not bad for what you get, but I wasnt’ looking to rip up any pavement with the car. I only have an Injen intake on it, thats it ,and it’s only good for the sound. ANd, FWIW, the regular SER is actually a tiny bit faster than a SPEC V b/c of the added weight of the SPEC V.