Altima / Altima SE-R owners

Hey, how many other Alty / Alty SE-R owners are out there, especially interested in those with VQ iron, I know of Doozer and darkblueangel, any others? M aybe we can swap info/experience on our mods?

I have an '05 3.5SE, 5-spd.

Its my wife’s actually, still stock.

Hehehe … so there’s 4 of us. We’ll be a very small section of the next NECC meet. 8)

i got old school alti, haha not the same i know, but hey same origin haha

'03 non-adult 2.5L version with crash helment :frowning:

So there’s a few Alty’s out there, I ve seen a couple nice ones around town. iFallen has a '93 that he’s working on turboing. Anyone else have any good mods to tell about, I’m slowly bringing mine up to snuff, looking at a cat-back exhaust, maybe headers and cams in the future if I don’t get my Silvia or GTR. :E

after fixing mine, looking into custom cat-back, headers and custom short ram intake, then possibly turbo

Anything that I do to my car, I’ll probably document on my website, just like I did with the cold air intake. I plan to do some more (rims, strut bar, stiffer suspension) but since it’s my daily driver through Calgary winters (and still under warranty), I’m going to have to pick and choose my mods carefully. I’m definitely curious to what other people have done to their daily drivers.

Neat. The only thing missing there is your own before vs. after dyno to validate the manufacturer’s claims.

I put an AEM CAI on my Sentra ('01 SE, 2.0L) and dynoed the before and after for it. I just haven’t gotten around to posting about it yet.

PS - not sure if my wife will want me modding HER car. :lol:

Jason

iFallen? … Cool I changed names!

Yes, the turbo thing is getting polished out. I just have a few more things to get figured (Turbo size and piping sizes) and then it’ll on the collect the parts stage. I know its a grocery getter, but I want my stuff DAMN FAST!

I’m still debating to go turbo first or suspension…

Retarted fast and out of control, or Completely in control and slow as hell?

Choices…

Neat. The only thing missing there is your own before vs. after dyno to validate the manufacturer’s claims.
[/quote]

I thought about doing the before/after dyno, but to be honest, the link I posted on my website from NissanPerformanceMag.com about their test was good enough for me. (nissanperformancemag.com). They’re not AEM, and I would guess that even though that was the '02 vs my '06, the numbers would be comparable.

Anyone know how much a dyno run costs anyway?

They have a project SE-R as well that they put the Nismo CAI on, did the dyno, I think it was 12-14hp.

Sorry Fallen, guess my typing skills aren’t up to snuff! :oops: I was poking around and found turbo kit for the VQ, runs about 5.5lbs boost on the stock engine for 348 whp (they provide high flow fuel injectors, piggyback ECU and all the other goodies) Hmmm…maybe when the warranty runs out… :chin:

[quote=“Smokebaby”]

They have a project SE-R as well that they put the Nismo CAI on, did the dyno, I think it was 12-14hp.

Sorry Fallen, guess my typing skills aren’t up to snuff! :oops: I was poking around and found turbo kit for the VQ, runs about 5.5lbs boost on the stock engine for 348 whp (they provide high flow fuel injectors, piggyback ECU and all the other goodies) Hmmm…maybe when the warranty runs out… :chin:[/quote]

No worries, found it funny…

Whose the kit by?

It is on Turbo-kits.com. I’d wanna see how many were done b4 putting it on. I know of one SER that has been turboed down in the States.

personally for the 3.5 Iron blocks, i’d go high compression built head and bottom end. It seems to be the trend for the 3.5s (350Z and G35 found in japan that is) is to build a really good NA monster. I mean you do have all the 350Z and G35 options since it is the basically the same motor as the 35 Altima…

But thats my .02

Turbo would be cool still…

Yeah, I hear ya, there are cams, pulleys, headers , exhaust and ECU reflash all available, probably more reliable than boost too.

dont forget the intake manifold spacer… they were saying it was like 3-9hp at the wheels on a 350Z, and only 270 US… but hey its your ride!

I just get to be jealous and drool at it… how sexy SE-R Altimas are… :E

Thanx! If you’re at the track day Sunday I’ll give you a ride along.

Who does the maIntake manifold spacer? Not that I’ll do anything more until spring, I just had the HLSD installed and the wife nearly freaked at the bill… :roll:

Some of you might’ve seen this, but it’s a good site for late-model Alty mods.

http://www.altimaser.com

Particularly the section they have that details all the mods they did to their 3.5SE

http://www.altimaser.com/articles/project.php

I think all of those mods would be applicable to the 3.5 and SE-R, and most of them probably to the 2.5 as well.

sorry just finished looking for that manifold spacer… its RWD 3.5s only… My bad… sorry to get your hopes up