Altima / Altima SE-R owners

Hey Doozer, the Altima in your signature looks like ours. Our’s is an '05 3.5SE in Majestic Blue, with black leather interior, and a spoiler.

Hehe … well, I’m sure most people have figured out that I pilfered this picture from the Nissan website… ( http://www.nissan.ca/en/vehicles/altima/images/a3_gal_big01.jpg ), and it THAT picture, it looks much more black than blue. I just cut out the car and blurred out the windows.

My car is identical to that picture (if the picture is actually black). Same rims, leather, no spoiler, etc. I posted some pics in another thread awhile back…( http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6562 )

I just swiped the Nissan website picture because I didn’t have any pictures of my own car from the same angle. :oops: I guess I’ll have to see if I can modify my sig so that it’s not so blue looking…

On my wifes 05 SE-R I installed a NISMO CAI I dont know if it added any more power but it sure sounds badass at high RPM way better than my G at high RPM.
I also have 20"Motegi DP6s in hyper black and Stillen cross drilled rotors and Stillen pads I would have went with the Nismo exhaust as well but I have read a few articles that say it drones at cruising speed my wife would kill me if that was the case. Its my wifes car so most mods are done more to make it look better over the performance aspect :oops: .

How much did the rims and rubber set u back if u don’t mind me asking? They looked pretty good. I’m looking at an Active Tuning S5 grille next, maybe a Mossy catback, unless I get my Sylvia or 240 project car.

I just got myself a 06 SE-R. I’m pretty happy with it right now. My original reason for getting a 4 door was to help stop me from modifying it too much like I did with my old civic. My intentions are basically to lower it a little (maybe an inch, just to get rid of the massive front wheel gap), new rims (19s probably, maybe even 20s), and maybe a CAI.

Anybody have any tips and advice on what I should look into? More specifically in regards to the suspension and CAI?

i read somehwhere that the nismo cat back did not fit the ser properly

Yeah, Nissanperfromancemag.com tried it, the rear bumper/valence is different so it doesn’t work well. The Mossy fits good, and I think Magnaflow has one as well.

About $2000 mounted and balanced with lug nuts shipped to my door. I got them in Columbus Georgia. Good prices let me know if you are interested I can give the PH # of the shop I got them from the manager is an awsome guy.

I have a 2005 Altima 2.5 SL that I use in the winter! It’s a great car! :smiley:

Doozer, in your cold air intake article you say that the car will be driveable without the mass air flow sensor.

You might want to change this. It will not be driveable , since it won’t rev past 2500 rpm.

I actually say that it will “probably” be driveable, and mention some problems that it may have, implying that it definitely would not be wise to try it.

I’ll probably leave it the way it is, mostly because I’m too lazy to go into the database and change the article, but thanks for the tip. When I next go in, I’ll try and adjust the wording.

Don’t think it would be drivable, when I put my CAI on I put the MAF in backwards the first time :oops: and it would stall after about 2 seconds.

heheheh … nice work Colin. :lol:

Thanks for the info; between the two of you guys, it sounds like I should update my article sooner rather than later.

Yeah, bit of a brain fart there. :roll:

i just picked up my altima 2005 charcoal grey 3.5

Welcome, any upgrades planned?

probably just an intake exhaust and rims, not too much

hey do any of you know if a 245 40 18 will rub on a 05 altima. It’s .34 of an inch smaller in diameter, but 1.18 inches wider