One hand washes the other

So, the other night on the way home from work, I noticed an odd odor, apparently coming from my car. When I got to the hotel, I figured out that it was the left front brake not releasing. So, I gathered up the parts, and waited around until Monday morning to see who I could find for a shop to make the repair. Remember, I am 7 hours from home and living in a hotel…if I was home I’d do it myself.

Anyway, there is a ‘lube center’ next to the hotel, so I walked over there when they opened, and got an attitude and a bunch of BS from their ‘mechanic’. I went back to the room, called around, and eventually got referred to ‘Cunningham Auto Body’. I called them, explained the situation, and the mechanic said he could get the car in the next morning no problem. I brought the car down Tuesday morning, and the tow driver offered me a ride back to the hotel without me even asking, and also offered to pick me to to get the car later in the afternoon once I got out of bed.

So I get back, pick up the car, and offer a 20 dollar tip (apiece) to the driver and mechanic for there excellent services. The driver was literary speechless, and refused the tip, but I refused to take the money back. He shook my hand, and I think he was shaking that he was so happy.

Boring story, but it’s nice to know that there are some nice people left out there. As the title says, one hand washes the other. They have gained my business, and I’ll refer them to anyone that I meet down here that is in need of auto repair, and continue to tip them along the way as long as the service remains outstanding.

good to hear you arent a tard and got it fixed and didnt do what we discussed/ i advised against.

my hands wash each other all the time. they wash the rest of me as well. weird how that works.

Its hard to find nice helpful people these days, weather its you dealing with the bitchy business workers or the business workers dealing with unappreciative bitchy customers.

Stuff that like is awsome, even being at the store and only having 2 things vs the guy with a cart full of stuff that lets you go in front of him, those kind of things are very nice and seems like they hardly exist anymore.

I would have done it in the parking lot

I would have lit the car on fire collected the insurance money and bought a new car.

smart man

Good post. It really is hard to find honest, sensible people out there nowadays, especially in the auto repair industry.

1)I don’t have the tools here to do it.

2)I don’t have the time here to do it.

3)I don’t have a 2nd person the pump the brakes.

4)See above, it’s not worth the time/money/lost hours at work to purchase the tools, and find someone competent enough to operate the brake pedal.

Its refreshing to hear a positive story.