Hand Car Wash around Colonie?

Been on here for a while and finally decided to register. 1st thread on here! :retardclap

Been up in Albany for 5 months now but I don’t know and don’t really trust a detail place or whatever it may be with my car without any reviews on them.

Looking for a good hand car wash that is close by where I can trust the people working there to take good car of my car.

Thanks!

BigRed and Kramer on here do nice details, Im sure they will chime in

^what him said.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/lagan%20m35x/CIMG5080.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/lagan%20m35x/CIMG5088.jpg

shizzam.

I wont be able to detail anything til may (school in NYC) so talk to big red and he’ll hook you up with some nice detailing.

I’ve heard, seen, and corrected plenty of shitty things from local “hand washes” around here, and i beat their prices anyways :lmao I’m sure bigred does too, dont know his fees off the top of my head

Thanks guys! Not too worried about the price, it’s just still too cold out for me to do a good washing and the touch free just cuts it. I will wait for them to chime in, as for now I’m off to bed.

oh you’re looking for just a wash? from the wording it seemed like a detail. hoffman’s are okay i guess for regular washes

Go to the Hoffmans/Colonial DIY, clean your car

That is all

just saw your edit, i’m the kramer that 94gt5.0 was mentioning and if you search for “big red” or “bigred” you could send him a PM

it’s still not clear to me if you’re looking for a car wash or a detail, there’s a number of DIY or drive through carwashes on Central/State in albany/schenectady or on western in guilderland that are just fine for a wash

Looking for a place to wash the car not detail (well until there isn’t any snow). Someone to give it a good hand wash and a wax. Not the whole detail yet.

wat kinda car u got btw?

Or the place on Lishakill Rd. and Central Ave.
Its $2.50 or so to turn the water on, I’m not 100% how long it stays on since I came into the wash and used the previous persons wash time :lol
Its supercheap though.

that place is gah-bage!

I just run through hoffman’s touchless when I can no longer see out of my windows from the salt, or I go through the tunnel if I have a coupon.

Otherwise I don’t bother washing my car as there is no point if you just want to keep it clean.

I bring soap and sponges there, I don’t rely on just pressurized water. I just need a water source since my parents moved out of the house.

Gotcha. You do that in the winter though? Must be freezing :lol

I did it for the first time yesterday, wasn’t too cold outside so I figured I should. The car needed it pretty badly, I hadn’t washed it since a few weeks before first snowfall :lol

I wash my shit in my driveway still during the winter. Gets the job done , suck it up mayne

I agree with you on the touch free, its good to get most of the stuff off however it does leave a “film” of dirt when your car is caked in salt. So you need to physically brush it off via wash mit or brush. Stay away from any brushes at the selfserve car wash, they are too stiff and cause swirl marks and marring on the paint. They also are full of dirt and even little rocks, people use it to wash their jeep that covered in bud, and I’ve even seen someone scrubbing the underside of their car with it, so the that’s the last thing you want to put on your paint. Your best bet is to go to a self serve wash with your own mit/bucket.

Supersonic on central ave.
I used to work there and they usually do a good job
Do not tip the towel boys :lmao

I used to work there also from August 07- Spring 08. Used to be all Philipinos but I have no idea now.

This is by the the worst place to go and wash your car, putting money in the washes are like puttin money in slot machines, not a good chance is gonna work out

:rofl