one of the recent snow!

First outdoor shot with the new 24-70 f2.8L

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7003/6650250495_4cc099dbdf_b.jpg
Sweetroad by Photo Grounds, on Flickr

Mmmmm good glass!

The flakes give it an awesome effect. Well done.

I think that’s my next lens also.

What the hell?.. That looks just like the road I live on.

Thanks Ilya, I was torn between this lens, the 100 f2.8 IS MACRO, or both the 28 f1.8 and the 85 f1.8. I decided on the 24-70 since I had a gap in lens coverage, not to mention B and H was offering free shipping and $120 off instantly and I had a few hundred dollars in gift cards to use. When the lens arrived I got the added bonus of finding out that while not a true macro lens, it does do macro pretty well.

this was taken on sweet road in Gansevoort, there aren’t many houses on this road. Despite the name of the road its not very sweet when you drive all the way to the end thinking its a nice little short cut, only to find out its a dead end.

Nice shot!
The snow flurries recently make for some nice photos.

Im on my second 24-70 after I busted my first one, definitely a useful walk around lens.

Oh ok not my road. I saw you were from Nassau and I live in east Nassau so I thought maybe by some random chance it was my road lol.

Wow, seems like a pretty robust lens I don’t know how you would break it. I was unsure how it was going to work as a walk around lens on a crop body, but I have no complaints.

Lol, yeah I took this while I was working. I think I talked to you on hear before, not many folks on here from out here in the sau.

Camera on tripod.
I set tripod down on pavement.
I have a Gary the retard moment and forget to fold out one leg.
Lens first into blacktop.

It still worked, front glass element shattered and the zoom function became tight around 35mm from the impact lol.

Picture looks great.

Should throw it in here.

http://www.shift518.com/showthread.php?t=19539

I can see it happening like it were some slapstick comedy. But it’s not funny because I know it was an expensive oops.