Online GT4 anyone?

I think I’ve got it all working with XLink now, so I’m ready to play.

Requirements:

• GT4 (duh)
  • A PC
  • PS2 with network adaptor on the same LAN as the PC.
  • XLink software (free download)
  • several cars to choose from in your favorites (because you can only use cars from favorites)
  • tracks selected in the course registry
    I’m thinking there should be some kind of structure to the cars you pick for favorites, in order to provide good competition.

For example: Everybody should have the following for one-make races:

Suzuki GSXR4
Motorsports Elise
Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo
Amuse S2000R1

Then something like the following:

Group C Lemans car (Nissan R89C, R92CP, Mazda 787B, Sauber C9 Mercedes, Jaguar XJR9, Toyota 88CV, etc)
“normal” rally car
Group B rally car (Lancia Delta S4, Peugeot 205 T16, Ford RS200)
Any “LM” spec car (350Z LM, RX7 LM, RX8 LM, NSX LM, etc)
JGTC GT500 class (any one of the Supras, NSXs, or Skylines)
JGTC GT300 class
Normal Japanese supercar (no tuner cars) ie RX7, Skyline, Supra, 3000GT, Evo, etc, max 276hp
Old school domestic (Charger, Chevelle, GTO, etc the '62 Buick would have to be forbidden though)
Newer sports car, domestic or otherwise (Ford GT, Z06, Saleen S7, Ruf RGT, Tommy Kaira ZZII, etc)
Touring Car (Audi A4 or TT, Opel Astra or Calibra, Mazda 6, etc)

Get Xlink HERE

hmmmm i could prolly get this to work

ill be in when i get gt3 and 4 bak from vq30de

Got to get a network adapter for my PS2 first, but I’ve been wanting to try this out. But only if I can bring my Honda Mini-Van. :lol:

oh god i want in all i do is play gt4

i like to run ppl off the road…:stuck_out_tongue:

Going to check this out see if I can get it working, if so, I’ll race anyone on nurburgring nordschleife muahhaahahahah

Good deal Bret, I’m back in town so Sunday night it’s on. I’ll see if Andy wants to get down too.

mm nurburgring…just read an article in european car magazine on it with a 911…made me wanna run right to my ps2 and run the ruf rgt on it…prob not AS thrilling as the real one

so because i have a pc with DSL and a ps2 and GT4…all i need is the network adapter and to download x link?

just trying to clarify

fi you have a router or two nic cards it can be done

Ugh. So I got it working successfully, and I’m kind of sorry I wasted my time. It runs so piss poor that it isn’t worth the considerable effort it takes to set it up.

Looks like LAN party is the only way to go.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6930

i love gt4 online. let me know when you guys are playin