Ontario RaceTracks

Hey guys, I have a 180sx and I’d really like to hit the track this summer once I get my car the way I want it. I want to do a 1/4 run for sure and also maybe hit a circuit track to see what its like. Im just wondering what there is around the GTA track wise, and what the rules are. If you could just give me a few lists of tracks around the gta/durham area that would help. I’m new to all this stuff so any help advice is appreciated. Things like, will I need a helmet? Average costs of a few runs etc. I know a couple guys go to the peterborough speedway, any info on what that is like and how much it costs would help too. Thanks guys.

Drag:

Cayuga Speedway, average cost of $20 to run your car as many times as you can which varies depending on how busy it is. I’ve run 4 times some night and 20 others. Helmets are required after sub 13 seconds.

Circut:

Dunnville, average cost of $100 for 6 hours of track access. Look in the meets section for a few up coming track days. Helmets are heavily recommend but not required.

TMP (same grounds as cayuga drag strip)

Another local track but I’ve never been to it so I can’t comment, again keep an eye on the meets section of the forum for up coming days.

Any track will require a tech inspection but as long as your not leaking fluids and the car is “safe” there shouldn’t be any issues.

See you at the track this sping!

Thanks for the info ! Anything a bit closer to the durham area for a 1/4? Thats like a 2 hour drive for me. The GTA really needs a track, it cut down huge on street racing around here.

no tracks in GTA unfortunitely, they are all out of the area.

you can go to Shannonville as they have a circuit and a drag strip there.
just pends on what day of course you go

peterborough sppedway has single lap runs or slots have drift free weekends

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/FlyerSMALL.jpg

Thats near bellville right? Is it 1/4 or 1/8th ?

^that’s correct, i’m not sure if its 1/8th or 1/4
but you can check there website, i usually go for circuit and never for 1/4
i have no fun with 1/4’s.

We have an open lapping day on April 20th at Dunnville if you’re interested in coming. 1pm to 7pm.

Car won’t be ready the way I want it by then. If I go it will likely be in May or June. Ill keep checking the meets and events section though, thanks for the offer

Helmets arent mandatory at Dunnville? Or is that the discretion of the organizers?

I think you are just asking for trouble not mandating helmets.

I believe it’s not mandatory at Dunnville. I think it’s only mandatory if you drive a convertible.