ooohhhhhh I said I wasn't gooing to do this.....

I have 3.5 inch lift on my jeep and have very little vibrations. putting a transfer case lowering kit on would negate half of the ground clearnece he gained from lifting it. With 2 inches its not worth worrying about.

good buy, i may be out on the trails with you soon enough

i had a 2.5’’ suspension and 1.25’’ shackle lift on mine and i didnt have any vibrations either, hence why i still have the kit. but it is a common problem with a common solution.

I’ve also been told that on a TJ, replacing the cam bolts on the rear axle will solve the problem. Skyjacker sells them as a kit accessory for pretty cheap, so if it happens, I’ll start there.

Keep buying them so I don’t have to work 4 day weeks instead of 5.

was going to put all this stuff on tomorrow, but UPS hasnt delivered my shocks yet.

anyway, I picked up a set of American Racing Baja rims size 15x8.5 for the Jeep today as well. Originally I had planned on using the stock rims, but I do want to keep my stock tires (brand new pretty much) for winter, and i think it would be a PITA to have rims and tires switched on and around twice a year, so i just decided to get these. and they will look a lot better than the stock steelies with the bigger tires lol
http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/7d/1c/0946_1_b.JPG

finally got all the stuff. looks like a pretty straight-forward installation process, so im gonna try and get it done after work tonight. i will take some before and after pics and post up when its done

^^i delivered it, lol. Your mom answered the door. She said “oh I know what these are, these are car parts” So I say " Yep for Mikes Mustang", and she’s like WTF???!!!

i can only imagine how badly you freaked his mom out

that was you??? my mom called me right after and she was like “you really need to stop buying car parts…the UPS guy knows what you’re up to, he asked what you were doing to your mustang this time” and im like how the hell does the UPS guy know i even HAVE a mustang??? LOL

ehh, got some work done tonight. i have decided that waiting til tomorrow and renting a spring compressor will make my life a LOT easier. oh, and the directions that SkyJacker provided absolutely SUCK!!! thank god i found a DIY on a Jeep forum on how to do this, otherwise i’d be kinda screwed cuz suspension is not one of my strong points (getting better though…im learning a lot with doing this)

you dont need a spring compressor… just disconnect shocks and upper controll arms and let the axle down …the springs will fall right out

^^^^ Word i should have jumped in and said something.

:tup:

Cant wait to get the jimmy running so i can tear up teh trails with ya

its been done for a few days…im too lazy to go take pics and post them at the moment lol. the spring compressor actually made the front a lot easier, the back i did not need it.

PICS OR BAN!

Pics?

:tup: Ive got coil spacers, they do the trick especially for the price. Its more for the look but the ground clearance you get from the lift and tires helps off-road performance. If you really want to do some wheeling just get some quick discos.

sweet man, i wouldnt mind getting a jeep one day, always liked them plus it’d be alot of fun out at my cabin on the dirt trails

They make good toys. Id rather be rockin a civic the way gas prices are.

wheres the pics? I got the same shocks on my bronco and they make the ride soft not what i was expecting.