Opinions about leasing a vehicle

swapalease.com
or leasetrader.com

you can find DEALS on this site.

For example I found a 2008 bmw 328i for 400 a month, with nothing down.
and a little over 1k a month for 18 months.

400 a month to drive a 40k dollar car is not bad at all.

i’d only lease a 2nd car, incase i was closing in on my mileage limits i could drive my other car

get another saturn…fucker

DO NOT listen to this kid…fucker.

His sig is enough to take away all credibility from every post he’ll ever make.

as of today so far, GM has no programs for leasing anymore

so don’t count them as an option :stuck_out_tongue:

In 1997 or 1998 Expeditions had residuals around 80%. :roflpicard:

You could get into an XLT for about $199 with nothing down.

High residuals which blessed people with low payments on vehicles they shouldn’t have been able to afford is why leasing went away for the domestics in the first place.

PS - towards the end of 04 GM put about $8,000 dealer cash on GTO’s around winter time to get rid of them (mainly because nobody wanted them and rightfully so). You could use this incentive towards a lease. Every employee of every pontiac store was leasing them for about $170/month with 0 down. :uhh:

Leasing is all about catching a sale. I remember when I worked at a Ford store, every few months, there would be a kicking deal on something. You’d know it when you suddenly get a month when everyone that worked there had a new Ranger supercab 4x4. Then a few months later and bunch of people were getting XLT explorers. When a vehicle lease deal was almost nothing down, and ~$200 a month, I’d be gassing up and putting plates on that stuff like mad. From what a few sales guys that I used to work with have told me, those days are over. I wanted to grab a 4x4 ranger if I could lease it right, but I don’t see it happening.

I did see a decent lease deal on a Prius recently. It was like 200 a month with a sizable down payment. IMO, leasing that car makes sense. Dump it before the batteries go bad.

lol i know tim hes a good guy but no im not going to get a saturn

you bastid lol, atleast someone knows turds are sometimes worth something hahaha

i dont blame ya though. the only thing i have against leasing them, is that you kinda feel like your constricted to the car, cant do any major upgrades really. but thats my opinion. other than that, new car FTW

False. You can do whatever you want to it for your term as long as you put it back to stock when you’re done. In fact, I’ll have to break out the 250 shot my last couple weeks with my truck.

i knew that, just sad when the day come that you gotta take it apart :frowning:

10 year, 150k warranty on hybrid components/motor/batteries…

do you get a warranty on your straightness for being a guy driving a prius? :mamoru:

Going over your alotted miles can really screw you.

Say your over a few thousand miles, the dealer will usually hook you into leasing another car and wipe the mileage fee. Then the process starts over.

And who wants to leave their car at home, while making payments on it, so that they can stay under a certain amount of miles?

thats exactly what i was thinking about the whole leasing thing. if its like $.15 a mile and you go over a thousane miles…not cheap

you will need a credit score over 700 to lease a vehicle.

if you do not plan to take a leased vehicle on any road trip or do not drive more than 30 miles a day, you should be ok. In 2005 i got a blazer xtreme 4 year/48k smart buy. I put $700 down and had a payment of $280 which i thought was a good deal. Up to the 3 year mark, i was within 36-37k on it, but then i had to take 2 long trips where i needed it and added the commute to school when i went back, i racked up the miles quick. In october i was at 46k on it, luckily i was able to get out early, turned it in and GMAC took 4 out of my remaining 6 payments, i owed under $570 and bought my Impala SS for $313 a month with $3k down and $11k in rebates at the time. It is all about catching deals and not racking up miles.

I thought you were an F&I guy, you should know these things :mamoru:

“Hybrid-related components for hybrid vehicles are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles”

Also, my guess is they only replace the battery if it completely fails, not if it is performing at lets say 60%.
I would like to read the rules on that, because most warranties are written to cover complete failure, not decline in performance.
But many companies cover more than that in practice to keep customers happy.

I am an F&I guy, you schlep. In NY state (or other states that follow CA - emission laws) the warranty is 10/150k. It’s been that way for a couple years. You should probably know what you’re talking about before you broadcast your nativity on the internet for the whole world to see. Good job trying to throw me under the bus and make me look like I’m clueless. :tup:

nativity?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk317/itsstockish/nativity.jpg

perhaps you were looking for the word naivete, or naivety, as both spellings seem to be accepted.