Opinion's on 1993 Kawasaki KDX200

One of my coworker’s girlfriend’s brothers has a 93 KDX200 that has been sitting around for a year or two. He’s asking 400 for it. While its been sitting, it has:

FMF Pipe and Silencer
Rebuilt Engine

The Bad:
The clutch spring needs replaced
It hasn’t ran in two years.

I’ve been debating on picking up something cheap for fun this summer, and I think this may be it, but wanted some opinions on what you guys thought.

Thanks!

its a good price. how do you know its just the clutch springs? if its just that, then i say get a plate/spring kit for like $100 and throw it in on your own, its easy. id just like to know why its just the springs thats wrong with it. regardless, if thats all it is, you might need to do the obvious stuff like, check the bearing, rubber etc. the carb could probly use cleaned and maybe new reeds. KDxs are fun bikes because of the somewhat peppy motor.

get a clutch kit from rocky mountain. there half the price.

if u dont want it let me know i will buy it i love thoes things

I remember the KDX200 being voted best offroad bike for years and years during the mid 90s. Never got to ride one, though.

i ha d a 1984 it was red it was fun to putt around on

Spent some time on the bike. Tore most of the plastic’s, gas tank, carb off. Bike needs some major attention. The kid I bought it from took no care of this bike and it shows. I spent most of my time getting dirt off of the bike to work on it to find bolts. So far my list of parts I will need/replace:

Clutch
Clutch Cable
Grips
Front Tire
Bolt Set from eBay
Fluid Flush

Pictures to come.

so far thats not bad