OPINIONS ON DIAMOND RACING WHEELS

OK so here is the whats up i own a 97 vw golf and I want DIAMOND RACING WHEELS!!!
Im looking to get the Challenger Series 15x8, 4x100, I believe ET 0, Front 4.5" backspacing and Rear 5" backspacing. I am going to run 195 50 15s.
I am very aware that they are lug centric wheels and (not DOT approved) correct me if im wrong.

Question 1. Are they ok for daily driver status?

Question 2. Would the stud kid be recomended?

Question 3. Whats going on in the TECH section of this forum!?!?!

Let me know your personal experience with them and or knowledge about Diamond Racing Wheels.

bump i know u speednation guys are holding out on me

I’m sure they are just expensive widened steelies and I’m sure they are fine, although a buddy of mine had some home made 13’’ widened steelies on a cabby and they rode like crap…

I’m 100% sure that homeade wheels will ride like shit, and some of it probably had to do with his susp setup.

Diamond Racing widened steelies are great but only for a purpose built auto-x/RR car. There is no point in having a huge wide wheel for a street car.

I highly doubt you’ll be running a 195 on a 8" wheel either. I run 205’s on a 7" wheel and I would prefer wider…215 probably.

:nuts:
Unless you want those sidewalls really stretched out for some reason. I’d be suprised if they stayed on the bead being stretched that far.

VW guys love the dangerously streched tires.

They sure do, i wouldnt run any lower then a 205 but thats me. Certian tires end up being a little bigger anyways, I know my old Azenis’s were a 195 but were about as wide as most 205’s of other manufactures.

Some VW show guys love dangerously stretched tires.

The VW guys that favor performance over looks don’t.