ordering delivery vehicle for the pizzeria and have Ordered toady **UPDATE** 4/9/07

Chevy is finally allowing dealers to place orders for the HHR panel trucks.
I figure It will be the first one in the area(not that it is a big deal but every tad bit helps) so ppl may notice it more.Also I like the kind of large stowage areas for for misc things for my rental properties(small tools, copper fittings,screws etc).
—My questions are

1. ABS system is an $400 option.Should I get it?I’m leaning towards yes.
  2. 2.2L or 2.4L? I figure I will be putting a good 30-40K a yr on the vehicle.Any idea on the MPG difference of the 2? I’m searching now but any other help is appreciated.I know the 2.2Eco is a good motor(made in Tonawanda so parts are always available:snky: )How is the 2.4?
    Thanks
    D

I say yes on the ABS, I hate my car in snow or ice without it. I feel so much safer in my dads mountaineer or my girls escape with the ABS. Plus the ABS will save you some INS money

yes on the ABS and i would go bigger on the motor.

I dunno. You are delivering pizzas, just how much pizza are you delivering?

Definitely get the ABS, especially if you are not doing all the driving. As for the motor, I’d stick with the 2.2L for fuel economy.

Maybe get a cover for the truck bed?

Truck bed? its a HHR, little SUV PT cruiser looking thinghttp://nb.ulmerchev.com/images/fun/chev/2006-Chevy-HHR-2LT-SA-Studio-1024.jpg

I’m dumb. I was thinking that ugly chevy retro truck thing. :ham:

I’m going to turn off my computer now.

get abs i wish i had it for my dd.

[quote=“Rx3,post:6,topic:27234"”]

I’m dumb. I was thinking that ugly chevy retro truck thing. :ham:

I’m going to turn off my computer now.

[/quote]

LOL that hidieous abomination of a vehicle The SSR?

Why not buy a hybrid car? great gas mileage, it’s bound to pay for itself with the savings… or help a lot.

I’m not sure what hybrids are available, but if I was in your shoes… that’s the way I’d be going.

hybrids are not the solution to everything, if you really want the savings get a city car.

^Hybrids aren’t the solution to anything… except maybe self feeding narcissism.

Mileage wise you won’t notice that much difference between the two. 2.4 has great torque across the whole power band. Both are great motors.

just curious but are you letting all the employees drive it or is it just you?

< will quit job to deliver pizzas in the HHR. i LOVE those things. i want to get one and flat black it with red and silver instriping put some red rims and 3 inch whitewalls on it.

god those things are horrid to drive

[quote=“walter,post:15,topic:27234"”]

god those things are horrid to drive

[/quote]

hahaha

as is any bottom of the line chevy/ford/dodge

abs is good for the insurance reasons if nothing else.

LOL Not sure 100% what I’m even doing as far as employees but I have no prob letting people drive my cars as long as they don’t beat them.I’ve told numerous ppl they could drive my Vette,just respect it.
I like the vehcle as I think even if and extra 10% of the ppl notice it as being different,That is 10% more ppl that have now seen my name and # on the truck.They say the average reg customer spends about $500 a mo. at your store.4 ppl will pay my ins for a yr.
I also like the fact that it has the extra storage and and still can haul around plywood and drywall,get close to 30 mpg and only cost me about $16K out the door.
D

[quote=“dirtye30,post:14,topic:27234"”]

< will quit job to deliver pizzas in the HHR. i LOVE those things. i want to get one and flat black it with red and silver instriping put some red rims and 3 inch whitewalls on it.

[/quote]

theres a guy a see a few tomes a week arounf my way with a black one with red rally style wheels and I think white walls. def has that ol skool feel to it

i’d go with the 2.4 just for the little extra power if you do decide to load it up and take some heavier things with you. The larger engine would prob hold up a little better to the heavier loads. I’d guessing the gas would be the same. Its funny though the 3.4L in my impala gets just the same as the 3.8L ones, so i’d just go with the larger. I think they are cool, props to getting a cool company car. Get a grey one, then paint the bottom half red with some flat black rally wheels and white walls!@!!