OTA HDTV? Antennas?

how bout spending 30 bucks on an antenna and be done with it u cheap ass lol

Fuck ill sell you mine.

Correct.

My parents had a rooftop setup at their house. It was motorized and programmable. You basically programmed each channel based off signal strength to a particular setting, and then when you tuned a channel, you used the programming setting for that channel.

It would pick up CBC from down in EA/West Falls, but it was not a good signal, and would cut in and out depending on weather and all sorts of other factors.

Ha ha! I’ve made a few myself. The best one was I took a piece of coax about two feet long, snapped a f-con on one end, stripped about 10 inches down to the center conductor on the other end, and then looped it in an oval shape.

It actually worked really good for 29 and 49. Not so good for everything else. This was in the Falls though so it was to be expected.

29 and 49 towers are in GI, so thats why it worked ok

Oh I know. That’s why I tried it. I was just showing a customer how to scan for the OTA channels once he actually bought something. It was awhile ago.

thats cool tho, i didnt even know u could make ur own lol

after reading around a little, I still don’t know what kind of antenna I need for my particular area. It needs to be indoors.

14047 zip code

u need a basic antenna steve, simple

mine or jays would work fine

but on that website you linked on the first page, it gave me a readout of my location and the station/tower direction and the type of antenna I’d need to get a decent signal.

Will you be around after work today, Kev?

All the buffalo digital local channels are broadcast on the UHF spectrum. Get a UHF antenna.

Forget HD, I need to find a couple of those digital conversion boxes that the government sent me coupons for.

http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/news/2008/07/rca_multi-directional_flat_antenna_designed_for_pinpoint_pickup_of_free_over-the-air_digital_tv_signals.php

there ya go steve.

thanks man

oh, and I’ll post pics of the shitty home made antenna later :lol: should be good for a laugh