Dish Network Customers

I know I installed a bunch of your guys houses recently. I know most of you don’t have a home phone line so your paying the additional charge on your dual tuners.

The ethernet port on the 622/722 receivers are alive and working now. If you plug it into a modem or router you can then go to menu, 6, 1, 9, 1 and you should have a connection to the net (IP address, ect.). That receiver can then use the net instead of a phone line for PPV ordering and it should also knock off the charge. Only one receiver needs to be connected this way if you have more then one.

I’ll give it a try.

Thanks, Bobby. :tup:

Let me know how it works. I would try it on my own, but my 622 is about 100 ft away from my modem. Plus I have the home phone line ran to it already.

you are the man

SON OF A BITCH.

I just finished rerunning new cat 6 & cat 3 to most of the house yesterday.

They are staying on the goddamn phone lines.

On a brighter note… network accessibility? :redface:

[quote=“Carbonfiberhooded”"]

Only one receiver needs to be connected this way if you have more then one.

[/quote]

wait, what?

I only need to have 1 receiver (out of four) attached to a comm line?

How many receivers do you have???

I thought you had two???

But yeah, only one needs to be connected. Right now all its doing is PPV and taking care of the phone line charge(s). I’m sure they’ll have more uses for it, but thats it for now.

(2) 622s (cause they only output 720+ on Tv1)
(1) 322
(1) 222 (not in use at the moment)

sweet. I’ll hijack a console ethernet port for the 622.

300’ of C3 for phones… ugh. :beer:

Right now I still have mine hooked up and working through my vonage phone line so I guess I’ll leave it be, but nice to know should I ever want to drop the home phone.

I’m hoping DVR programming via the internet is in the works.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:8,topic:37033"”]

(2) 622s (cause they only output 720+ on Tv1)
(1) 322
(1) 222 (not in use at the moment)

sweet. I’ll hijack a console ethernet port for the 622.

300’ of C3 for phones… ugh. :beer:

[/quote]

DPP44 switch???

I know you had a DPP Twin up there!!

Bump.

They started pushing down the software to allow you to download movies via the broadband connection. I don’t have it yet but I read that it will work for the 622 and 722 receivers. Looks like Dish’s answer to on demand.

[quote=“JayS,post:11,topic:37033"”]

Bump.

They started pushing down the software to allow you to download movies via the broadband connection. I don’t have it yet but I read that it will work for the 622 and 722 receivers. Looks like Dish’s answer to on demand.

[/quote]

You beat me to it! I just found out about that today as well!

[quote=“JayS,post:11,topic:37033"”]

HOD.

[/quote]

Sweet.

[quote=“Carbonfiberhooded,post:10,topic:37033"”]

DPP44 switch???

I know you had a DPP Twin up there!!

[/quote]

Yessir. though i think i bricked it whilst rerouting / connecting wires. only showing 110 & 119 on switch test, yet straight connection shows all three.

:poke:

[quote=“Nikuk,post:13,topic:37033"”]

Sweet.

Yessir. though i think i bricked it whilst rerouting / connecting wires. only showing 110 & 119 on switch test, yet straight connection shows all three.

:poke:

[/quote]

I know why too. You have the wing dish (61.5) piggy backing off the DPP Twin, which is the way to do it without a switch.

You add the DP44 to the fray and you need to run another line from the 61.5 dish down to the switch (input 3). Otherwise, it won’t find 61.5.

[quote=“Carbonfiberhooded,post:14,topic:37033"”]

I know why too. You have the wing dish (61.5) piggy backing off the DPP Twin, which is the way to do it without a switch.

You add the DP44 to the fray and you need to run another line from the 61.5 dish down to the switch (input 3). Otherwise, it won’t find 61.5.

[/quote]

THat makes total sense.

Initial install was two recievers, no switch. I knew it was piggybacking, but didn’t think the switch wouldn’t break it out.

I’ll run a third to the DPP44.

You’re the bestest.

No problem Nick. Glad I could help.

For anyone who hasn’t noticed, USA, CNN, and SCI-FI are all on HD as of yesterday.

CNN, USA and SCI-FI were weeks ago. 4/18 for USA/SciFi and 4/16 for CNN to be exact. You dish employees guys are so out of the loop. :wink:

And while I won’t ever be upset about more HD, why exactly do I need CNN in HD again, especially when 90% of there stuff just has black bars on both sides of the screen?

But :tup: to getting the 2nd season of Burn Notice in HD.

Why didn’t I notice??? I’m out of the loop because I haven’t worked in 6 weeks!!!

WHEN ARE WE GETTING MSG AND SPEED IN HD?!?!:tantrum: